ADVERTISEMENT

Was Grant v DO game thread - now just another Folsom thread

I like the aggressiveness of going for 2 and the W. The penalty was a killer. Still should be able to make that PAT though.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Streak posted this in the scores thread. Thought I'd post it here too. Looks like a mental mistake or indecision caused the penalty that forced them to go for the PAT kick,

Wow. Sounds like a great game!!! I hate losing but it sounds like their was alot for grant to be proud of Tonight. I guess in the end special teams was the difference. Thx fellas for the updates and great job posting tonight. You had me eating my finger nails in suspense! Sometimes the worst loses are the ones you feel you let get away. So we now have 4 loses, but all their loses are to really good teams; central, del Oro, and capital christain are all undefeated and oak ridge is 5-2 or 6-2. Plus A good folsom team is up next! Talk about being battle tested come playoff time (assuming we make it in). Might be a very interesting D2 playoff bracket with these two facing off again. Might even get to see the inderkum vs grant match up I suggested in another thread. Again thx fellas

I called this last year man. “When grant moves to sfl people will realize they are still big fast and athletic they just need to be coached better” they’ll make the folsom
Game interesting. The games vs central and capital grant mentally broke down but they weren’t over matched. I said this last year I’ll say it this year you won’t find to many teams that’ll put a better bunch of kids on the field. Hats off to Del Oro, but we are coming

Reminds me of that Grant Vs Rocklin semi-final game about 7-8 years ago, you remember that one Delta? Tuff game but one of the best I've ever been to.

Reactions: Deltadodger
Reminds me of that Grant Vs Rocklin semi-final game about 7-8 years ago, you remember that one Delta? Tuff game but one of the best I've ever been to.

That’s was a tough rocklin team that almost pulled it off against servite but that grant team was loaded 2010 was just as loaded I feel we really had a strong chance at going to the open 3 straight years. In 3 years we will be back in the discussion with dls. I’m calling it now we will have a better grasp of the spread by then we will have the players our youth teams inderkum, natomas, jr pacers are some of the best youth football programs in all of nor cal

I called this last year man. “When grant moves to sfl people will realize they are still big fast and athletic they just need to be coached better” they’ll make the folsom
Game interesting. The games vs central and capital grant mentally broke down but they weren’t over matched. I said this last year I’ll say it this year you won’t find to many teams that’ll put a better bunch of kids on the field. Hats off to Del Oro, but we are coming

You know I'm a big Pacers guy. Always have been. While I was quite enthused to find out they were added to the SFL, I was more concerned about the timing of it since they've been down and very un-Pacers like for several years now. But they've done well considering. Hopefully they'll be back at a level we've grown accustomed to soon. If/when that happens, Folsom will have stiff competition for league titles. It could be similar to the CAL of the 90's and 2000's with GHS and Nevada Union, but much deeper with the likes of Del Oro, Oak Ridge, and GB lurking.

Thanks @RidgeRider for posting. I think I wore out the refresh button last night. What a game! Dang I’ve only missed a few DO games the past 19years and it figures I would miss a great one last night :(.

I had posted in the OR/Grant thread about how I thought Grant was not that physical in that game. According to RR sounds like that was not the case last night. Grant and physical belong in the same sentence. Welcome back Grant!!

We just gotta get back to being the bully’s on the block that’s grant football teams haven’t feared us in a while it’s time to remind nor cal who’s the original team behind dls

Grant was fortunate to get the top two teams in the SFL at home this year. Not a bad way to start off.

They run into a buzz saw next full of elite level athletes next week, but so far I have been impressed and they prove they belong for sure.

We just gotta get back to being the bully’s on the block that’s grant football teams haven’t feared us in a while it’s time to remind nor cal who’s the original team behind dls

I thought that’s what they were trying to do last night, in both games. Very physical. It was hard nosed football. Very enjoyable. That group will get better each week.

Thanks @RidgeRider for posting. I think I wore out the refresh button last night. What a game! Dang I’ve only missed a few DO games the past 19years and it figures I would miss a great one last night :(.

I had posted in the OR/Grant thread about how I thought Grant was not that physical in that game. According to RR sounds like that was not the case last night. Grant and physical belong in the same sentence. Welcome back Grant!!
Hey Rick, will you be at the Folsom/DO game this year?

Not terribly surprising. Trash talking is banned at Grant stadium, isnt it?

Not sure. My first trip there. Grant fans are very passionate and really support and get behind their Pacers. Great football fans.

Their fans are more verbal than I think the players are...I heard some pretty interesting stuff! ;) Police came after the melee just to be sure. End of the game saw no ill will and players were respectful with each other during and after the game....with the exception of the brawl even though there was chippiness during the game.

Lots of pushing and shoving and hard hitting, but that's football.

Things should be extra spicy when Folsom comes to the Heights next week. Should be fun.

Oh yeah despite grants record that game will be sold out and grant isn’t going to play on a different level you’ll see folsoms athletes get matched up well

Reactions: RidgeRider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT