ADVERTISEMENT

Was Grant v DO game thread - now just another Folsom thread

Oh yeah despite grants record that game will be sold out and grant isn’t going to play on a different level you’ll see folsoms athletes get matched up well
I am just hoping for a competitive game. I am tired of games being over after the 1st quarter. I just want Grant to make it interesting.

Fire em up @Deltadodger !

Not sure. My first trip there. Grant fans are very passionate and really support and get behind their Pacers. Great football fans.

Their fans are more verbal than I think the players are...I heard some pretty interesting stuff! ;) Police came after the melee just to be sure. End of the game saw no ill will and players were respectful with each other during and after the game....with the exception of the brawl even though there was chippiness during the game.

Lots of pushing and shoving and hard hitting, but that's football.

Yep. They always put a physical bunch out there. I have been there a lot. Many years of youth and HS football. Expect a lot of talking and a chippy game.

Yep. They always put a physical bunch out there. I have been there a lot. Many years of youth and HS football. Expect a lot of talking and a chippy game.

You can bet that Folsom will be getting a talk all week about NOT reacting to trash talk or showing frustration regardless of the intent or direction. With an undefeated DO coming up the week after, Folsom can't afford to have spur of the moment actions result in players being ejected from the following weeks game because they got tossed in a scuffle against Grant.

I would expect Folsom to come out and score fast to get the spread wide and the outcome decided ASAP to run in the 2nd string guys in case $hit breaks out.

I know others on other threads were complaining about the running clock, but I think cases like this are why it's in place. If 1 team has nothing to lose and are getting their tails handed to them, the detriment of missing the next week isn't sufficient deterrent to keeping things civil.

Reactions: feedback1
Can someone that was there give us the 411 on the brawl? Like a blow by blow account, so to speak.

You can bet that Folsom will be getting a talk all week about NOT reacting to trash talk or showing frustration regardless of the intent or direction. With an undefeated DO coming up the week after, Folsom can't afford to have spur of the moment actions result in players being ejected from the following weeks game because they got tossed in a scuffle against Grant.

I would expect Folsom to come out and score fast to get the spread wide and the outcome decided ASAP to run in the 2nd string guys in case $hit breaks out.

I know others on other threads were complaining about the running clock, but I think cases like this are why it's in place. If 1 team has nothing to lose and are getting their tails handed to them, the detriment of missing the next week isn't sufficient deterrent to keeping things civil.

I think Its entirely possible that Folsom will start slow for the first time in many weeks. Just need to adjust the speed and athleticism a little. I'd play it conservative if I were them at first and then go for the longer shots. Ball control offense.

Can someone that was there give us the 411 on the brawl? Like a blow by blow account, so to speak.

I won't comment as to blow by blow but you can watch Youtube and catch part of it. I would say much of it started earlier in the game from what I saw.

For whatever reason, Grant was UP for this game. The schools have played each other in the past but it felt to me like this was an important game for the kids. Not sure what Grant's HC told them during the week, and before the game, but the focus and passion were evident by the Grant players. Different than what I observed against OR.

Grant gave DO just what it needed before playoffs, a tough game, and a scare and I think it gave Grant more confidence as well.

I'm guessing all the talk prior to the game of a blowout affected both teams in opposite ways.

Watch out for Grant this week. Sac High all over again for Folsom?

Last edited:
I won't comment as to blow by blow but you can watch this and catch part of it. I would say much of it started earlier in the game from what I saw.

For whatever reason, Grant was UP for this game. The schools have played each other in the past but it felt to me like this was an important game for the kids. Not sure what Grant's HC told them during the week, and before the game, but the focus and passion were evident by the Grant players. Different than what I observed against OR.

Grant gave DO just what it needed before playoffs, a tough game, and a scare and I think it gave Grant more confidence as well.

I'm guessing all the talk prior to the game of a blowout affected both teams in opposite ways.

Watch out for Grant this week. Sac High all over again for Folsom?

I think it’s posdible people forget how much folsom struggled with sac high both games. Grant has the players to match up with folsom it’s gonna come down to coaching. If grant can limit the self inflicted wounds the hand will be very interesting if you think grant was fired up for Del Oro watch them against folsom who’s player talk a lot I think it’s timf for folsom to get humbled

Reactions: RidgeRider
While the Pacers have athletes and can match up in that regard, I think Daniyel Ngata night have a field day running it. Folsom's offensive line is really good and Daniyel will be one of the best athletes on the field. His stats aren't what they'd be if Folsom was more of a run-first team or what they'd be if he was the featured guy. But similar to the game against DLS, this is the type of match up where I expect him to have a huge impact. If a team is able to neutralize Joe or Elijhah, the Bulldogs then need to lean on their run game more and Daniyel typically delivers in a big way when that happens.

Reactions: remc
While the Pacers have athletes and can match up in that regard, I think Daniyel Ngata night have a field day running it. Folsom's offensive line is really good and Daniyel will be one of the best athletes on the field. His stats aren't what they'd be if Folsom was more of a run-first team or what they'd be if he was the featured guy. But similar to the game against DLS, this is the type of match up where I expect him to have a huge impact. If a team is able to neutralize Joe or Elijhah, the Bulldogs then need to lean on their run game more and Daniyel typically delivers in a big way when that happens.

Joe is the featured star but badger is better. Folsoms ability to get the right play called after seeing what the dc is running it’s its real advantage Richardson has a knack of calling a screen at the right time. Grant should be able to expose folsoms defensive scheme. The X factor will be the qb Xavier if he uses his legs grant could have success. Knowing how well sac high matched up with this same exact team we have a real punchers chance

Reactions: aztecpadre
Knowing how well sac high matched up with this same exact team we have a real punchers chance

While you might end up being right, I think you need to forget about the SAC games as they mean nothing. First, this Folsom team is better than their previous 2 teams. Second, Kaiden Bennett wasn't the QB in 2016 when they lost and Daniyel Ngata and Elijhah Badger weren't in the mix either -- among many other players. They all played in the close game in 2017, but much of the team has changed and those stud skill players have all improved. It's a different team.

Besides, Folsom has faced teams since SAC with athletes and blew most of them up. Helix had athletes and a 4-5 star CB. Didn't matter at all. DLS has an elite defense and Folsom moved the ball fairly well considering. We all know the reasons they didn't score, but they still moved the ball against an elite defense and made some big plays. GHS doesn't have anything close to DLS's defense.

I'd love to see the Pacers shock the world, of course, but I think you are making far too much of the SAC games by thinking it translates or somehow foreshadows what's going to happen on FRI.

The key to slowing Folsom's offense is less about matching their athletes and more about getting pressure and collapsing the pocket. If a team can do both, even better. But DLS had success because they made Kaiden Bennett uncomfortable in the pocket and didn't allow him to make many plays with his legs. If Grant Union can't duplicate that, their athletes won't matter. The best DB's and LB'ers in the world get exposed when a viable QB has a clean pocket and plenty of time to sling it.

Last edited:
While you might end up being right, I think you need to forget about the SAC games as they mean nothing. First, this Folsom team is better than their previous 2 teams. Second, Kaiden Bennett wasn't the QB in 2016 when they lost and Daniyel Ngata and Elijhah Badger weren't in the mix either -- among many other players. They all played in the close game in 2017, but much of the team has changed and those stud skill players have all improved. It's a different team.

Besides, Folsom has faced teams since SAC with athletes and blew most of them up. Helix had athletes and a 4-5 star CB. Didn't matter at all. DLS has an elite defense and Folsom moved the ball fairly well considering. We all know the reasons they didn't score, but they still moved the ball against an elite defense and made some big plays. GHS doesn't have anything close to DLS's defense.

I'd love to see the Pacers shock the world, of course, but I think you are making far too much of the SAC games by thinking it translates or somehow foreshadows what's going to happen on FRI.

The key to slowing Folsom's offense is less about matching their athletes and more about getting pressure and collapsing the pocket. If a team can do both, even better. But DLS had success because they made Kaiden Bennett uncomfortable in the pocket and didn't allow him to make many plays with his legs. If Grant Union can't duplicate that, their athletes won't matter. The best DB's and LB'ers in the world get exposed when a viable QB has a clean pocket and plenty of time to sling it.
Well put Ram, I also agree withe TheGoldenShower......this game won't be close. It's like racing a Ferrari vs a Subaru WRX, won't be close.

Grant gave DO just what it needed before playoffs, a tough game, and a scare and I think it gave Grant more confidence as well...
Completely agree RR.

Again I thank Grant for the great game. Exactly what DO needed and has lacked all year. This is why I’m glad Grant moved to SFL. They will make SFL better.

To maximize the bloodbath in the SFL, I would like to see Inderkum join and Whitney drop.

I agree, it's always somewhat of a let down when Inderkum rolls through the regular season and then gets pounded 2nd rd. of play-offs. Their conference schedule doesn't do them any favors.

Reactions: Kickingtee18

NGATA and that so called 4.6 speed will be running away from Grant from the start.
55-7. I say Folsom continues their dominance and makes a statement in this one.

Bennet was no better in 2017 against sac high I believe he threw 5 ints. Helix 5 star comer is overrated much of that ranking was based off his 4.2 speed that doesn’t show on film. As of rightnow folsom offense was the weakest that dls has played 0 points is zero points it doesn’t matter what they are doing in league play. This folsoms best offensive players ever if you can’t score on the 1 good defense you played that’s a problem

Reactions: aztecpadre
As of rightnow folsom offense was the weakest that dls has played

I know you’ve got an axe to grind with homer Folsom fan, but c’mon man. I know you can’t possibly believe that. If you do, it’s only because you’re off your game from all the smack talk over the past 2 years and aren’t thinking rationally :D:p

Reactions: awood1 and mrbig864
I know you’ve got an axe to grind with homer Folsom fan, but c’mon man. I know you can’t possibly believe that. If you do, it’s only because you’re off your game from all the smack talk over the past 2 years and aren’t thinking rationally :D:p

I may say crazy things this week don’t hold any of it against me

Reactions: ThunderRam
To maximize the bloodbath in the SFL, I would like to see Inderkum join and Whitney drop.

I believe it's far too premature to drop Whitney. They haven't even completed 1 season in league for pete's sake. If they can stabilize their coaching situation, they'll probably be ok in a couple years. It's not like they're drawing from an area devoid of talent. The school is among the best in the area academically and has nice and shiny facilities.

That said, there were rumors of Jesuit moving over to the SFL before Grant Union was eventually added. That actually makes the most sense to me. The areas largest private with a large and loyal alumni, resources and semi-built in rivalries with Grant Union, Folsom and Oak Ridge. Like GHS, it could be a football only thing if need be.

But I like the look of;

Del Oro
Folsom
Granite Bay
Grant Union
Jesuit
Oak Ridge
Rocklin

If Rocklin wants out with Folsom still in, go ahead and throw Inderkum in if they're down for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT