ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

I can. Lakeland and STA.
But none of that matters. Just like streaks or any last 30 results.

Yeah, Joey bosa and 3 other D1 DL has nothing to do with sta loss

You know what doesn’t matter and never has? California Hs football

Too bad because I root for billecci but that place is just dysfunctional

I am very serious. I trust little that is on the internet and would prefer that you tell me all the D1 players that Folsom has, since you seem to be so knowledgeable about them.
Folsom Bulldogs program since 2010:
111 wins
25 D1 scholarships
8 league titles
6 section titles
3 state titles

2018 Bulldogs:
Joe Ngata: committed to Clemson
Elijah Badger: Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Florida, Oregon State, Arizona, etc.....
Daniyel Ngata: Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan, etc.....
Kaiden Bennett: Utah, Boise State

About 5 or 6 others at lower level D1s or D2s. But list is too long. I think you get the point.

111 wins
25 D1 scholarships
8 league titles
6 section titles
3 state titles

2018 Bulldogs:
Elijah Badger: Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Florida, Oregon State, Arizona, etc.....

About 5 or 6 others at lower level D1s or D2s. But list is too long. I think you get the point.
What year did you graduate? You seem pretty close to the program

You know what doesn’t matter and never has? California Hs football

Man, you’ve got issues. I try to stick to facts on here, but this this is a pretty shallow statement, to say the least. Of course no high school football team really matters. But to think that one high school matters because they are positioned to win at football every year and other high schools don’t matter is kind of sad. And people wonder why certain teams’ boosters aren’t beloved by all.

Man, you’ve got issues. I try to stick to facts on here, but this this is a pretty shallow statement, to say the least. Of course no high school football team really matters. But to think that one high school matters because they are positioned to win at football every year and other high schools don’t matter is kind of sad. And people wonder why certain teams’ boosters aren’t beloved by all.

1315 is a stalker, green with envy, and has crossed the line repeatedly by talking about my kids

He’s not supposed to even be posting to me

I don’t like him but i don’t stalk him

You should know what context is before you rush to judgment — unless you think bringing up peoples kids is cool

I know where your affection lies so you’re clearly not objective, but please tone down the sanctimonious objections when defending any troll, much less a jackass

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Standing outside De La Salle bookstore @ 8:50 AM. Tickets are NOT being sold from the bookstore
Word is they will be sold on line
Good Luck
Funny how none of these DLS posters have any leads on tickets nor do they even have the proper information for where to buy. Makes you really wonder.

You guys are way behind.

5 minute update. The two schools' A.D's are working on the most equitable plan for ticket distribution. Am told to keep check DLS website for info when,where and how.

Reactions: observer22
I know I’m late to the game on this, but what is “The Folsom Rule” I read being referenced?

I know I’m late to the game on this, but what is “The Folsom Rule” I read being referenced?
Before one of the DLS peeps chimes in, it was the elimination of the NorCal open bowl game.

The committee thought it was stupid that we sent our #2 team home but rewarded the lower level teams with state bowl games.

That is it in a nut shell. I also believe this was an excuse for certain teams not to play each other. Obviously that excuse is over in 17 days.

Back in 2012 and 2013, CIF’s playoff format included a “regional championship” for the two best teams in NorCal and socal to play each other is a sort of state semi finals with the winners playing in the Open.

DLS played Folsom both years, won easily both times, and Pete Saco and others made lots of comments about maybe preferring to not play DLS and get to an easier state championship game and voila, it happened, this the Folsom rule

That said, evidence is inconclusive and there was at least as much motivation in socal to eleiminate that game (as they had gathered all their best teams into one secrion playoff)

The idea was that the public schools were not on a level playing field with the private schools with regard to school borders and recruiting.

The SJS had their best team (Folsom) losing handily to DLS in 2012 and 2013 open regional games and not being eligible to play for state championships. SoCal saw this problem as well. The CIF solution (all sections had input and voted) was to eliminate the Open play-in regional game.

The DLS posters are trolling the Folsom fans by naming this the 'Folsom Rule'. They had claimed it was a few vocal Folsom parents/fans that drove the change (completely stupid if you know how the CIF works). It was state-wide proposal where every section had a single vote.

The NCS had the same type of problem with those teams that played in their Open were not eligible for state. They made a very similar change in their playoff structure. They allow the loser of their 'open' game to bump their D1 section champion in the state playoffs. Last year this was Pitt that bumped Liberty from the state playoffs.

From both Folsom's and Pitt's success, it looks like a good move. Not so good for DLS since they are running into the SJB/MD teams that are recruiting better than DLS ever has.

Reactions: cashisking18
The idea was that the public schools were not on a level playing field with the private schools with regard to school borders and recruiting.

The SJS had their best team (Folsom) losing handily to DLS in 2012 and 2013 open regional games and not being eligible to play for state championships. SoCal saw this problem as well. The CIF solution (all sections had input and voted) was to eliminate the Open play-in regional game.

The DLS posters are trolling the Folsom fans by naming this the 'Folsom Rule'. They had claimed it was a few vocal Folsom parents/fans that drove the change (completely stupid if you know how the CIF works). It was state-wide proposal where every section had a single vote.

The NCS had the same type of problem with those teams that played in their Open were not eligible for state. They made a very similar change in their playoff structure. They allow the loser of their 'open' game to bump their D1 section champion in the state playoffs. Last year this was Pitt that bumped Liberty from the state playoffs.

From both Folsom's and Pitt's success, it looks like a good move. Not so good for DLS since they are running into the SJB/MD teams that are recruiting better than DLS ever has.

Couldn’t be more wrong

First of all, no one outside of Folsom and the odd EBAL team that proclaims themselves NCS Public School Champs (MV in 2016, ie), no one was complaining about the inequity between publics and privates and socal not only didn’t attempt to sort them out, they put their best teams regardless of public or private or size into their top division

In national boards, no one has defended it from being called the folsom rule more than me (ask @aarar who has been frustrated by my obstinance on the matter) — this was before you and all your other handles started appearing on national board (and immone if few people that defended you when you were kicked off)

The full story may never come out but there was definitely comments from Folsom related people expressing that they don’t think it’s fair they have to beat DLS to get to an SBG but the SSD1 (formerly Pac5) is the single most influential section in the state and they also had two motivations to make it happen

1). Their champ was not always being selected as the best team and they collected all the best teams so we’ll that they didn’t even want a play in game (they were not selected S socal’s top team in ‘09 (Crenshaw), ‘11 (Westlake), even one of top two teams in ‘12, etc. they would prefer theirnchamp to automatically be in Open

2). They wanted a bye week before playing (presumably) DLS

Draw your own conclusions but putting this as a DLS initiated or even fueled accusation is not only wrong, but as far from truth as you can be

Reactions: SpartanzRule
but there was definitely comments from Folsom related people expressing that they don’t think it’s fair
In a local newspaper in random ass Lincoln, CA it quoted a couple random people (who weren't even football parents BTW) who complained that it wasn't fair. Ya, this DEF set off the CIF to change the ENTIRE format in support people in some small town newspaper. Makes sense to me.

In all honestly, most actually agree that sending your #2 team home while promoting your #6 and #8 teams is actually pretty stupid. SoCals way of doing it is obviously flawed, yet we want to yell out "Folsom rule!" like Folsom campaigned to get out of playing someone.

If you know the coaches, parents, community, and players who have played for Folsom, you would NEVER believe this to be true. Folsom is one of the top programs in the entire country as of right now, and is hardly scared of playing anyone. In fact, they had to CAMPAIGN to get the two marquee games they got this year!

Anything else other than those facts is disingenuous at best @DLSPop1314 and you know that.

I never stated DLS had any input or instigation on the rule change. Fake news Acosta.

The change in the Open game was to blunt the talk of separating private and public schools into separate championships. The Open game was meant to be a de-facto private school championship. The rule change was done by the CIF for the good of the CIF.

There is absolutely no public opinion in any part of this process. But that is the perspective of a parent who reads message boards, participates in biased group-think, and readily confers some type of expertise to 'national posters'. Here is how the CIF actually handles rules changes (from the CIF website):

Schools, Leagues and Sections--over One Thousand Educators and Designees--approve State Rules Before They Are Enacted by the Federated Council

Here's how it works....

(1) a rule change or addition is proposed at a Federated Council meeting as a first reading

(2) the rule change is then referred to sections which, in turn, refer it to their leagues for review and vote

(3) the leagues vote on the proposal and instruct their representatives to the Federated Council how to vote

(4) The league representatives meet as a section governing body and instruct their representatives to the Federated Council how to vote

(5) the matter is agenized for the next Federated Council meeting and, at that time, is voted upon by the section representatives

Handling the matter from the bottom up, as described above, ensures the broadest possible participation by the educators and designee's of the governing boards throughout the state. Every school principal/designee knows of prospective actions by the CIF. The system is designed to permit the superintendents to agendize CIF matters for their Superintendent Cabinet meetings and to use the information imparted there to keep the boards informed of ongoing CIF issues.

I missed the part about parental input. #FactsDon'tCareAboutYourFeelings

From the CIF website:

Federated Council

The CIF Federated Council is the governing body of the organization. The Federated Council is made up of superintendents, principals, athletic directors and leaders from allied organizations including:

• California Coaches Association (two representatives)
  • California State Athletic Directors Association (two representatives)
  • California School Boards Association (two representatives)
  • Association of California School Administrators (one representative)
  • California Association of Private School Organizations (two representatives)
  • California Superintendents Liaison Committee (one representative)
  • California Assn. for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (two representatives)
  • California Association of Directors of Activities (one representative)

Feedback hurting someone’s ears and ego. Well written.

#factsdontcareaboutyourfeelings LOL

There IS dysfunctionality, a la 10k posts? HS FB? Get a life.

I believe that Folsom is making strides towards being recognized nationwide, but they first have to accomplish the following to be a national brand:

* Beat DLS.
* Play in the State Open Game and win.

Anything less than that and they are still a very good, but not great team.

Reactions: 14U2ALLNV
If I was a fan of Folsom, I would probably just stay quite and hope for the best. De La Salle plays top recruits ALL the time, for the past 30 years. Not to discredit Folsom, but when you struggle with Sacramento High. What makes you think you can beat de la, at concord week 0. Just be happy they selected you. Take your heart out of it and use your brain for a second.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
If I was a fan of Folsom, I would probably just stay quite and hope for the best. De La Salle plays top recruits ALL the time, for the past 30 years. Not to discredit Folsom, but when you struggle with Sacramento High. What makes you think you can beat de la, at concord week 0. Just be happy they selected you. Take your heart out of it and use your brain for a second.
Wow. That sure was an arrogant post.

There is no need for any more talking. Our talking will be completed in 15 days. Enjoy.

What top 25 teams have they beat?
I didn't make the rankings. But they seem to be in the top 25 in every national ranking. You may want to to contact the people who made the rankings.

This years rankings are based on projections for this year. Not who DLS beat 30 years ago.

FYI- some rankings and projections have Folsom #1 in NorCal ahead of DLS. Even though I think this is correct, I believe it will he proved in about 2 short weeks.

Be proud we selected them. We didn't have to.

I didn't make the rankings. But they seem to be in the top 25 in every national ranking. You may want to to contact the people who made the rankings.

This years rankings are based on projections for this year. Not who DLS beat 30 years ago.

FYI- some rankings and projections have Folsom #1 in NorCal ahead of DLS. Even though I think this is correct, I believe it will he proved in about 2 short weeks.

Be proud we selected them. We didn't have to.

It's ok, you can lose to De La and you will still be able to win the consolation state championship. You Folsom guys wear your heart on your sleeve, it's cute.

It's ok, you can lose to De La and you will still be able to win the consolation state championship. You Folsom guys wear your heart on your sleeve, it's cute.
There will be a new team in the open this year.

The only broken hearts on sleeves will be on this forum in about 2 weeks. Dont go missing that night. You're cute.

This game will definitely be the game of the year in NorCal
Unless it goes like the last two did, but if close or Folsom wins big - arguably the biggest of the year in NorCal. I've been to many DLS routes and also to a few games they lost or tied. Folsom's schedule the last couple years has been somewhat down (exception Helix is a very good program but not an elite team for them). DLS SOS has been very tough considering they have played national ranked elite teams. I am hoping for a good game and then could be game of the year in norcal until the next game. LOL

DLS SOS has been very tough considering they have played national ranked elite teams.
interesting point.

According to cal preps, Folsom and DLS SoSs are not very different from last year. See below.

And Folsom played "nobody." It will be a good win in 2 weeks for NorCal.

Folsom: 48.6
DLS: 55.7

Common opponent: Central
Folsom: 54-35
DLS: 49-30

(1) a rule change or addition is proposed at a Federated Council meeting as a first reading

It was proposed because Folsom coach and Principal complained they didn’t get a bowl game even though they were #2.The article in question quotes Saco working with Folsom.

Now of course everyone has to sign off and they did but it was proposed because of Folsom...hence the Folsom rule

It was proposed because Folsom coach and Principal complained they didn’t get a bowl game even though they were #2.The article in question quotes Saco working with Folsom.

Now of course everyone has to sign off and they did but it was proposed because of Folsom...hence the Folsom rule
Wait a minute- I thought you were a "socal guy who didnt care."

Well now that we know that is a lie- @feedback1 gave the entire history of the rule to include proof of why it was changed.

Your local newspaper theory (in a bizarre town), and complaining parents theory (which apparently now has transitioned to the principal and coach), has been debunked.

Copy and pasting the article(s) every one has already seen will just make you look like a bigger troll than you are already displaying. But feel free! Lol.

Enjoy the win in 2 weeks.

111 wins
25 D1 scholarships
8 league titles
6 section titles
3 state titles

2018 Bulldogs:

Calpreps isn't always right or even close at times...many time it is. Last year at season end Calpreps picks DLS to win --

[2017] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 34, [2017] Folsom (CA) 31

Reactions: RidgeRider
Wait a minute- I thought you were a "socal guy who didnt care."

Well now that we know that is a lie- @feedback1 gave the entire history of the rule to include proof of why it was changed.

Your local newspaper theory (in a bizarre town), and complaining parents theory (which apparently now has transitioned to the principal and coach), has been debunked.

Copy and pasting the article(s) every one has already seen will just make you look like a bigger troll than you are already displaying. But feel free! Lol.

Enjoy the win in 2 weeks.
The only troll is you. Feedback did not give the history of the rule. I tried to stay out of it but it’s a well known fact that the Folsom rule is just that because the Folsom coaching staff and AD made a big enough stink that they got it changed. And rightfully so. It would have been totally wrong for Folsom to go home three straight years in a row as the second best team in NorCal while lesser teams go on to state. I could absolutely prove that Folsom got it changed. But let’s face it Folsom fans will try to explain it away even when it stares them in the face. In the end this horse has been beat to death. And what does it really matter anyway?

Reactions: RidgeRider
To refresh everyone’s memory, here are the articles written in 2013 and 2014 about the CIF Open Division Playoff setup including the complaints from one of the parents of a football player on the Folsom team and also a Folsom resident with supposedly no affiliation to the Folsom Football program or the School.

I can probably say for certain there were many more complaints from the Folsom contingent (Parents of the Football Players and Residents of the Folsom Community) but they remained silent.

Both articles reference Folsom. No other schools were mentioned in these articles as to having a complaint about the Playoff System.

At that time, DLS was the best team from the NCS and Folsom was the best team from SJS. The playoff system was set for all divisions. The Folsom vs DLS game was played and Folsom was handedly beaten 2 straight years.

After taking the 2 beatings, did the Folsom Football Program concede they could not compete with DLS, no, the Folsom community took it upon themselves and went to the CIF and complained that the current football playoff system was not fair. We (The Folsom Community) want the rules changed so we and by default all other football programs in the SJS don’t have to play DLS and can then have a chance go to the state playoffs under a different divisional category.

Like it or not that’s why it was branded the ‘Folsom Rule’.

This whole issue wouldn’t have had such a bad smell if Mommy and Daddy, Public vs Private, and the constant complaints about the DLS Football Program were addressed in a much more professional manner.

Yes the DLS Football Program creates a challenging situation for Northern California High School Football. And also yes the DLS community should in most respects probably tone down the hype about the team, but it is what it is.

Deal with it.

Here are the articles:

http://www.lincolnnewsmessenger.com/article/parents-fans-argue-football-playoff-system-unfair

https://www.calhisports.com/2014/08/25/no-more-open-division-region-games/

Reactions: remc
[QUOT="NorCalSportsFan, post: 202429, member: 94"]Folsom's schedule the last couple years has been somewhat down (exception Helix is a very good program but not an elite team for them). DLS SOS has been very tough considering they have played national ranked elite teams.[/QUOTE]

Here are the DLS results vs.their opponents rated over 50 in 2017:
s1. St. Johns (65) Win 35-31
s2. St. Francis (51.9) Win 31-7
s3. BG (72.5) Loss 34-7
s4. Central (57.2) Win 49-30
p5. Pittsburgh (60.8) Win 24-7
p6. Mater Dei (97) Loss 52-21

Here are the Folsom results vs. their opponents rated over 50 in 2017:
s1. Coeur d'Alene (53) Win 56-33
s2. Jesuit (50.6) Win 55-9
s3. Granite Bay (52.2) Win 35-14
s4. Oak Ridge (53.7) Win 42-28
p5. Jesuit (50.6) Win 27-14
p6. St Mary's (53.9) Win 50-21
p7. Central (57.2) Win 54-35
p8. Helix (65.8) Win 49-42

s= scheduled
p= playoff

Conclusions one might resaonably draw from this list:
a. DLS (rated 70.9) and Folsom (rated 73.9) were two very good teams that were rated similarly. DLS was 4-2 and Folsom was 8-0 vs. the teams rated over 50.
b. DLS played two teams rated over 70 and lost both games.
c. Folsom did not play any teams rated higher than they were
d. DLS and Folsom's best wins were roughly the same.

I think if you look at the results objectively, you would think that DLS and Folsom were pretty close in 2017. I personally don't see much separating them. And I don't place as much value on a beat-down loss to highly ranked teams than others on this board. Certainly not any more value than a win vs. a very good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT