ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

This is not material to the game, but anyone who thinks that playing in 95 and playing in 105 heat are the same thing has never played in 105 heat.

I agree with your statement. I have attended a few workouts and practices on the Folsom side and can say they are ready. A few points I would like to make.

1. The Folsom line is bigger and faster this year. They will hold their own. Going off of last year's schedule, and even worse games from five years ago, is ludicrous. Even the returning vaunted skill players will be different this year.

2. They have been training in this crazy heat up here. I believe this will help them against DLS, since it will most likely by hot as hell during that game, even in Concord. DLS no doubt is also practicing in some heat, but not THIS heat!

3. I have seen some people infer that Richardson would not punt against DLS. I am not sure where this is coming from. They practice punting every day in practice and punted regularly last year. Why would they not punt against DLS? When they had Troy Taylor, they were much more likely to go for it on 4th down, but still punted then, although rarely. Folsom isn't that arrogant to not punt. They punted against Helix.

4. I see the same posters on this forum wanting to revert back to games that occurred 5 years ago, pointing out games where Folsom didn't dominate, to use that as their point as to why Folsom has zero shot of winning and should just cancel the bus to DLS. This is laughable. They will be there and have a GREAT shot of winning.

5. This is not Folsom's best team. 2014 was the best hands down. Although I WOULD agree that this is Folsom's best chance to compete and beat DLS, based on the match ups on both sides. Browning was great in 2014, but he was tailor made for the DLS pressure on the defensive side. Bennett adds a complexion to the game that we simply haven't seen. DLS will not be able to simply send the cavalry and hope for the best. Not this time.

6. My final point- Reading through this thread, I have been reading about people boasting about how they are "national posters" and "know more than everyone else." I know this to be false because most of you have maybe watched a Folsom game here and there, and possibly even a few YouTube videos. I also know a majority of you are not officially affiliated with the DLS program and have not watched them play day in a day out. I would agree that there are "fans" on here of both teams, but the boasting is kind of ridiculous.

Bottom line- This game will be close. I see Folsom winning by 7-10 points. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way as well. We are just lucky this game is happening. It needed to happen.

100 percent false. If anyone has ever seen Folsom practice, especially this year, they would know how crazy this statement to be. When has ANY Folsom team ever tired at the end of any game, even the ones they lost? They are usually at their peak in the 4th quarter. Folsom, right now, is at that level, if not better. That is a fact.

Incorrect. It is 95 in Concord today. 104 in Folsom today. Small difference. Edge Folsom.

Based on what? Games in 2013 with different players? They have more than enough size and talent wise to more than hold their own, if not excel.

Why not? Both teams are ranked #1 and #2 in NorCal respectively. The gap isn't far either way you look at it. Most people would not be shocked to see Folsom win, no matter if they admit that or not. Likewise for DLE.

Folsom is ranked ahead of DLS in most polls and even some ranking systems. I would the betting line favors the home team, but I am still sticking with Folsom by 7-10. And if you give me ANY points, I am taking that bet to the bank!
I agree with your statement. I have attended a few workouts and practices on the Folsom side and can say they are ready. A few points I would like to make.

1. The Folsom line is bigger and faster this year. They will hold their own. Going off of last year's schedule, and even worse games from five years ago, is ludicrous. Even the returning vaunted skill players will be different this year.

2. They have been training in this crazy heat up here. I believe this will help them against DLS, since it will most likely by hot as hell during that game, even in Concord. DLS no doubt is also practicing in some heat, but not THIS heat!

3. I have seen some people infer that Richardson would not punt against DLS. I am not sure where this is coming from. They practice punting every day in practice and punted regularly last year. Why would they not punt against DLS? When they had Troy Taylor, they were much more likely to go for it on 4th down, but still punted then, although rarely. Folsom isn't that arrogant to not punt. They punted against Helix.

4. I see the same posters on this forum wanting to revert back to games that occurred 5 years ago, pointing out games where Folsom didn't dominate, to use that as their point as to why Folsom has zero shot of winning and should just cancel the bus to DLS. This is laughable. They will be there and have a GREAT shot of winning.

5. This is not Folsom's best team. 2014 was the best hands down. Although I WOULD agree that this is Folsom's best chance to compete and beat DLS, based on the match ups on both sides. Browning was great in 2014, but he was tailor made for the DLS pressure on the defensive side. Bennett adds a complexion to the game that we simply haven't seen. DLS will not be able to simply send the cavalry and hope for the best. Not this time.

6. My final point- Reading through this thread, I have been reading about people boasting about how they are "national posters" and "know more than everyone else." I know this to be false because most of you have maybe watched a Folsom game here and there, and possibly even a few YouTube videos. I also know a majority of you are not officially affiliated with the DLS program and have not watched them play day in a day out. I would agree that there are "fans" on here of both teams, but the boasting is kind of ridiculous.

Bottom line- This game will be close. I see Folsom winning by 7-10 points. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way as well. We are just lucky this game is happening. It needed to happen.

New account created today: cashisking18

G61, TheFolsomBulldog, thekingera welcome back !
Where have you been ?
Working out with the Folsom players ?
You always making it interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Feedback has a humorous take on things. Others? Nah, wound too tight around their beanstalk.

I’ve seen under prospected, no chance to win, hungry neighborhood (not some mysterious aura of doctrine brothers) kids play their tails off to within 7 of the mystical (high n mighty to some) national power with 4:00 to go.....twice. And that was with the TO stat being level.

All this talk about who is/was/May be better is just high falutin’ poppycock.

Folsom fan: Both teams are good. Either could win.

DLS fan: You are STUPID. I know you are stupid because you state it is a possibility that Folsom could win. Everyone knows that DLS cannot lose to a Norcal team. Especially Folsom. I have talked to a bunch of geniuses on the National Board and they agree with me. Two posters - PlayingWithMyself510 and Grn&Gld1130 - also think you are STUPID. So there.

Folsom fan: You are mis-evaluating the Folsom team. Folsom has good players up front and at the skill positions.

DLS fan: DLS line is superior in every way. They cannot be defeated. Especially by Folsom linemen - who are all weak and inferior.

Folsom fan: What about MD? And SJB? And BG? And East? And Trinity?

DLS fan: NONE of those are in Norcal. And Folsom is not on their level . . . . Except for the rankings. And the win-loss record. And the stats. And players receiving college scholarships. And the rare results vs. common opponents. Other than those things, CLEARLY Folsom is not on their level.

Folsom fan: Those are the only things that we can use to compare teams that did not actually play.

DLS fan: None of those things matter since my opinion rulz all. Just ask PlayingWithMyself510. But thanks for the input G61.

ImprobableKindlyChameleon-max-1mb.gif
Simply time for you to fold and go away. You are absolutely wrong and Ridiculous in every way. I suppose just because you’ve seen Folsom play in person that makes you a “national poster”. You get worse and worse every day. And today is like next week. Throw your chips in and fold.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
This is not material to the game, but anyone who thinks that playing in 95 and playing in 105 heat are the same thing has never played in 105 heat.
It’s time to fold. DLS will be playing in Concord Ca. On the corner of Treat and Winton. It’s the same place they practice. Another words there HOUSE. So what ever the temperature is there, that’s what they will be playing in. I’m sure it will be the same temperature on Folsom's side. Time for you to fold.

Folsom fan: Both teams are good. Either could win.

DLS fan: You are STUPID. I know you are stupid because you state it is a possibility that Folsom could win. Everyone knows that DLS cannot lose to a Norcal team. Especially Folsom. I have talked to a bunch of geniuses on the National Board and they agree with me. Two posters - PlayingWithMyself510 and Grn&Gld1130 - also think you are STUPID. So there.

Folsom fan: You are mis-evaluating the Folsom team. Folsom has good players up front and at the skill positions.

DLS fan: DLS line is superior in every way. They cannot be defeated. Especially by Folsom linemen - who are all weak and inferior.

Folsom fan: What about MD? And SJB? And BG? And East? And Trinity?

DLS fan: NONE of those are in Norcal. And Folsom is not on their level . . . . Except for the rankings. And the win-loss record. And the stats. And players receiving college scholarships. And the rare results vs. common opponents. Other than those things, CLEARLY Folsom is not on their level.

Folsom fan: Those are the only things that we can use to compare teams that did not actually play.

DLS fan: None of those things matter since my opinion rulz all. Just ask PlayingWithMyself510. But thanks for the input G61.

ImprobableKindlyChameleon-max-1mb.gif
Sounds to me like you’re having some serious self-esteem issues.

It’s time to fold. DLS will be playing in Concord Ca. On the corner of Treat and Winton. It’s the same place they practice. Another words there HOUSE. So what ever the temperature is there, that’s what they will be playing in. I’m sure it will be the same temperature on Folsom's side. Time for you to fold.

You’re right. He needs to just fold em. He’s now resorted to talking to himself. What’s ironic is that he can’t debate the actual facts and merely uses his own opinion to make these huge leaps of “ill” logic. Too funny.

So glad I've resisted my old man instinct to jump in to the pool of stupidity.

Happy that this game will kick-off what should be a great season of NorCal football played by young men and coaches that have worked their tails off to lay it on the line Friday night after Friday night. Best of luck to them all for a well played, injury free game and season.

[QUOTE="SpartanzRule, post: 201801, member: 1118 - 3. DLS is going to murder Folsom THIS time as well. Damn I forgot the fourth thing...

Any semblance of objectivity is clouded by some far out green tinted vision.

But babble on. Freedom of speech Brett Kavanaugh.[/QUOTE]
If you disagree or even resemble a Folsom fan, you get called a letter and a number like H65 or told your crazy.

The night of this game shall go down in history in the forum world. I cant wait.

PS- funny some have mentioned the line play against Helix as an indicator that folsom cant compete against DLS. They also failed to mentioned Helix was a senior heavy team, and twice the size and folsom handled them. Not to mention Helix had one of the best corners in the country who was burnt toast against Folsoms skill players.

I think a year later. A year stronger. A year more experienced improves Folsoms chances. I think they should def have the balls to get on that bus and prove they are the favorite in the this game.

Reactions: feedback1
So glad I've resisted my old man instinct to jump in to the pool of stupidity.

Happy that this game will kick-off what should be a great season of NorCal football played by young men and coaches that have worked their tails off to lay it on the line Friday night after Friday night. Best of luck to them all for a well played, injury free game and season.
Well said!

Reactions: RidgeRider
Any semblance of objectivity is clouded by some far out green tinted vision.

But babble on. Freedom of speech Brett Kavanaugh.
If you disagree or even resemble a Folsom fan, you get called a letter and a number like H65 or told your crazy.

The night of this game shall go down in history in the forum world. I cant wait.

PS- funny some have mentioned the line play against Helix as an indicator that folsom cant compete against DLS. They also failed to mentioned Helix was a senior heavy team, and twice the size and folsom handled them. Not to mention Helix had one of the best corners in the country who was burnt toast against Folsoms skill players.

I think a year later. A year stronger. A year more experienced improves Folsoms chances. I think they should def have the balls to get on that bus and prove they are the favorite in the this game.[/QUOTE]

You out did your self again. I think it was some dip sh.. that once said.
1. Helix has nothing to do with this game.
2. Sac has nothing to do with this game.
3. Something stupid about the Seahawks 4 years ago.

Don’t look now but your comparing two teams from last year. We can only hope that the Folsom team comes to Concord with the attitude that “we beat Helix last year”. You go ahead and ride those coattails and see where that gets you. A very very very unimpressive win.

I think a year later. A year stronger. A year more experienced improves Folsoms chances. I think they should def have the balls to get on that bus and prove they are the favorite in the this game.

You out did your self again. I think it was some dip sh.. that once said.
1. Helix has nothing to do with this game.
2. Sac has nothing to do with this game.
3. Something stupid about the Seahawks 4 years ago.

Don’t look now but your comparing two teams from last year. We can only hope that the Folsom team comes to Concord with the attitude that “we beat Helix last year”. You go ahead and ride those coattails and see where that gets you. A very very very unimpressive win.[/QUOTE]
The Helix mention was in reference to another poster who used that as an example.

But i agree with you. It doesn't matter.

Folsom by 7-10 points. They keep they're #1 Norcal ranking after week 0.

I would be willing to bet $100.00. That on 8/18 we never hear a word out of cashisking18 again.

Also you do not stand behind that prediction or else you would not have asked for points to take that money to the bank. Be a man give 61/2 points and take Folsom. That’s standing behind your prediction.

Is that all you do is attack people? Why don't you dial it down 14? If you are older than your handle, you should realize that you sound like a very bitter, small person. Let people have their own opinions. After all, you are a fan of the best team in the nation for many years. You have plenty to be proud of as your team has accomplishments that will never be repeated.

I realize the earth is shifting between the green and gold as there are now other teams that are doing a much better job recruiting and attracting talent - and have caught up to and surpassed DLS. That state game last year was eye-opening. SoCal is crazy with the way that athletes move and congregate on teams like SJB and MD.

Reactions: cashisking18
Listen to the pot calling the kettle black. But I’m not attacking anyone. You have serious issues. I’m smiling and having a good time going back and forth with some of the Folsom fans. It’s fun. But you just go off like everyone has to see it your way. You want to say whatever opinion you might have and that be the end of it. Sorry no it don’t work that way. There is nothing you can say that would make any REASONABLE man believe that the 2014 Folsom team would have beat DLS convincingly. What you want to do is take your team that somehow was able to get the Folsom rule passed so you didn’t have to play DLS. Then come out and say we would have won because of video and stats. NO play the game. Look you think Folsom is going to win and I got no problem with that. But when they lose and then drop next years game you will be the first one saying we would have won in 2019. Just look at the video and stats. Your looking real bad. You might want to consider folding.

Listen to the pot calling the kettle black. But I’m not attacking anyone. You have serious issues. I’m smiling and having a good time going back and forth with some of the Folsom fans. It’s fun. But you just go off like everyone has to see it your way. You want to say whatever opinion you might have and that be the end of it. Sorry no it don’t work that way. There is nothing you can say that would make any REASONABLE man believe that the 2014 Folsom team would have beat DLS convincingly. What you want to do is take your team that somehow was able to get the Folsom rule passed so you didn’t have to play DLS. Then come out and say we would have won because of video and stats. NO play the game. Look you think Folsom is going to win and I got no problem with that. But when they lose and then drop next years game you will be the first one saying we would have won in 2019. Just look at the video and stats. Your looking real bad. You might want to consider folding.
Same old song and dance.

Folsom by 7-10 points.

It will be interesting to see people bringing up the so called Folsom rule after Folsom beats DLS this year. It will be epic.

DLS by a min of 14 and that’s because DLS put there 2nd & 3rd string in.

In case I forget before the game. I want to say it was fun messing with you. Come back with your new name and we will give you some more. 21more days until the cashisking18 is no more. R.I.P.

21 more days until the new king of NorCal takes their crown.

Folsom by 7-10.

My friend. You know I’m down with Folsom and your support for them, I live my little town, but what are you going to do if they lose? Serious question. Are you going to be around? If Sparty loses, I will be here (and on the national board) ready to take my lumps....AND give Folsom the credit that they will deserve by beating what is going to be a good Spartan squad. I have a hunch DLS is going to beat BG so this could be a huge win for Folsom. What say you?

Way over your head. They will be up by 4 TD’s. At witch point they will put in there 2nd and 3rd strings. Witch may allow them to score 1 or 2 more times.

I stand behind my prediction. DLS by a min of 14 points.

I do not see either team likely winning by multiple scores and if close I think Folsom is going to pull this one out.
Yes you may remind me should & if DLS wins. Folsom on paper is the favorite and DLS for once in NorCal is the decided underdog. I have no dog in the fight, simply going off the data on both teams.
Will be a good game to watch either way with 2 of CA's top teams.

I remember that Bellarmine team that took on Folsom @ Sac State and defeated them. Bells were disciplined, fast and played sound defense...With that said, I am going with the Spartans in a competitive and spirited game at OO Field.

I remember that Bellarmine team that took on Folsom @ Sac State and defeated them. Bells were disciplined, fast and played sound defense...With that said, I am going with the Spartans in a competitive and spirited game at OO Field.
I agree with that, but Spartans have shown to be vulnerable early in the season. That’s an edge to Folsom

Reactions: cashisking18
Everyone seems to think that on the defensive side of the ball that Folsom has become a monster. They are great offensively, but defensively they will be unable to stop the veer, plus the new DLS qb will be able to pass on occasion.

I don't see anyway that Folsom can keep DLS under 40 points.

Everyone seems to think that on the defensive side of the ball that Folsom has become a monster. They are great offensively, but defensively they will be unable to stop the veer, plus the new DLS qb will be able to pass on occasion.

I don't see anyway that Folsom can keep DLS under 40 points.
Folsom will win by 7-10 points.
Book it!

I would agree they have shown to be vulnerable early. But that has been against established high powered teams. Folsom has not proven to be a high powered team.

DLS 35-21
Done deal

A fun little note since we like past results.

DLS did not beat one team better than Folsom last year. The only common opponent was the same score margin(Central). Most think DLS is a step behind last year. Most think Folsom is the best they've ever been this year.

With all the D1 talent returning. And theres lots. They are as high powered as any in the state of Ca right now. Top 3 for sure.

1 year more of experience. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Best shape of their lives.

Folsom by 7 to 10 points. Book it.

DLS did not beat one team better than Folsom last year. The only common opponent was the same score margin(Central). Most think DLS is a step behind last year. Most think Folsom is the best they've ever been this year.

With all the D1 talent returning. And theres lots. They are as high powered as any in the state of Ca right now. Top 3 for sure.

Book it Dano. LOL. You must be about that age to remember Hawaii 5-0.

This game will certainly be interesting. Better be ready to hit somebody.

Last edited:

Yes they did beat a team better than Folsom in St. John’s Catholic (MD)

Reactions: SpartanzRule

This shows your knowledge. St. John’s was a better team then Folsom.

That along with the fact you previously said the 2014 team was the best Folsom team ever. And there is no way anyone would say last years DLS team was better then this years. This is the best DLS team in the last 4 or five years. Also how come it’s ok to use common opponents last year. But when DLS beat DO by 17 points more then Folsom in 2014 that doesn’t matter.

DLS 35-21
And August 18th G61 will run

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT