ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

DeLaSalle returns 7 on defense with college prospects at the edges: national recruits Henry To'oto'o 6'2" 220 RB/LB 4.6 ; Isaiah Foskey 6'5" 240 Senior TE/DE 4.7 and D1 prospect Jhasi Wilson 6'2" 230 Senior DE/LB 4.7. Art the corners DLS also strong corner prospects in Taveis Marshall 6'2" 170 Senior CB, and Amir Wallace 6'0" 155 Senior CB. College prospect linemen returning include Clayton Ingram 6'6" 270 Senior OT and Beaux Tagaloa 6'0" 275 Senior DT. They should also be very good up the middle which is a strength of all Spartan teams. The defense is going to be very tough. Spartans need to reload on the O-line which they will guaranteed. I think with the LB core they have back, it may be a long day for Folsom's QB. However, I do expect Folsom will break a couple long TDs with its playmakers. That's always the risk with the WR playmakers that Folsom has and the QB could give DLS problems if Folsom line holds up in the trenches. I just think the Spartan's defense is going to be very good this year. On the stronger side of average Spartan teams.

DeLaSalle returns 7 on defense with college prospects at the edges: national recruits Henry To'oto'o 6'2" 220 RB/LB 4.6 ; Isaiah Foskey 6'5" 240 Senior TE/DE 4.7 and D1 prospect Jhasi Wilson 6'2" 230 Senior DE/LB 4.7. Art the corners DLS also strong corner prospects in Taveis Marshall 6'2" 170 Senior CB, and Amir Wallace 6'0" 155 Senior CB. College prospect linemen returning include Clayton Ingram 6'6" 270 Senior OT and Beaux Tagaloa 6'0" 275 Senior DT. They should also be very good up the middle which is a strength of all Spartan teams. The defense is going to be very tough. Spartans need to reload on the O-line which they will guaranteed. I think with the LB core they have back, it may be a long day for Folsom's QB. However, I do expect Folsom will break a couple long TDs with its playmakers. That's always the risk with the WR playmakers that Folsom has and the QB could give DLS problems if Folsom line holds up in the trenches. I just think the Spartan's defense is going to be very good this year. On the stronger side of average Spartan teams.

Agreed. The DLS front 7 is going to be flat out nasty. 5 will be playing D1 after HS, and the junior Garrett will one day. The DBs definitely have talent, but they will need to step it up against Folsom. I know that Marshall, Wallace, and Garrett have been working hard this summer. I think Storti, the former QB, might be the SS (Spartan). He's a tough gamer. The OL is going to be really good...and pretty big for DLS standards. Rask, Ingram, Roe, and Tagaloa (if he goes both ways) are all tipping the scales at 270+. Garrett, To oto o, and Coby will be solid at RB. A player to watch though is Meckhi Norfleet at RB and eventually at LB. 5`11 190 already as a sophomore. Kid looks like Michael Hutchings at that age. And the biggest difference is going to be Hale at QB. Still young but he has IT. He's going to make DLS immediately better on offense from the previous two seasons. DLS is good for the next 3 years at QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Folsom shouldn't even bother to play the game. I read the list of names on the DLS roster, and the prognostications from the DLS fans and there is only one possible conclusion. Folsom cannot compete. Clearly. After all, DLS beat Folsom twice already - five years ago. You know what they say, ' a win five years ago guarantees a win this year'. (Actually no one says that because it it is dumb).

If Folsom and DLS had played in 2014, my money goes on Folsom. I saw video of both teams that year and Folsom was the better team IMO. DLS might have been the lone team that Folsom played that year to avoid a running clock, but I firmly believe Folsom would have won convincingly.

While I am sure the DLS coaches are not as cavalier with their predictions as posters on this board, keep in mind that Folsom basically returns most of their 2017 undefeated state champion team. Personally I think both DLS and Folsom should be equally respected.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Folsom shouldn't even bother to play the game. I read the list of names on the DLS roster, and the prognostications from the DLS fans and there is only one possible conclusion. Folsom cannot compete. Clearly. After all, DLS beat Folsom twice already - five years ago. You know what they say, ' a win five years ago guarantees a win this year'. (Actually no one says that because it it is dumb).

If Folsom and DLS had played in 2014, my money goes on Folsom. I saw video of both teams that year and Folsom was the better team IMO. DLS might have been the lone team that Folsom played that year to avoid a running clock, but I firmly believe Folsom would have won convincingly.

While I am sure the DLS coaches are not as cavalier with their predictions as posters on this board, keep in mind that Folsom basically returns most of their 2017 undefeated state champion team. Personally I think both DLS and Folsom should be equally respected.
I respect you and your opinion. But I couldn’t disagree more. The talk all along is Folsom needs to step up and play someone. Last year 17-0. Against who? They had some decent opponents. But for a team that’s so highly ranked. I couldn’t be more unimpressed. The only thing more unimpressive was 2014 schedule. The only reason they were undefeated in 2014 is because of the Folsom rule. And to say they would have won convincingly is a bold statement considering a lot of the same players got throttled the year before and browning both years. I don’t believe for a second they forgot about that. Especially Browning. This years QB presents a different problem. Browning was Taylor made for DLS. There athletes are good enough to win. There brand of football is not IMO. I don’t want to bet money on high school kids. But I would bet a pitcher of beer after the game that DLS wins by at least 14 points.

Last edited:
Translation:
"With all due respect, your opinion is garbage. Only an opinion that agrees with me can be respected. Me and the other DLS fans are pissed that Folsom is getting so much respect without having beaten DLS, so we need to relentlessly attack Folsom to prove our superiority. "

Football teams are different year to year - even if they contain many of the same players. That is why they actually play the games. Opinions don't mean anything. Personally, I place zero value on opinions that are formed around emotions instead of an honest and objective analysis.

"Ma, THE MEATLOAF!!! F$*@"
giphy.gif

Translation:......................Me and the other DLS fans are pissed that Folsom is getting so much respect without having beaten DLS, so we need to relentlessly attack Folsom to prove our superiority......... "

Football teams are different year to year - even if they contain many of the same players. That is why they actually play the games.
"Ma, THE MEATLOAF!!! F$*@"
giphy.gif

feedback-1..Agree that teams can be different from year to year. That's one of the foundations of Vegas's success and why fans are sure to return "next year/season"
And....
Agree with many of 14-Nv's points but please don't speak of DLS fans as one massive opinion of Us vs the World . Every year part of any critique of the Sparty fans is that we all are one monolithic sparty green kool-aid swilling, hyp-mo-tized by one Green world view of NorCal HS football and how it should and will go for the season.

Think you will be hard pressed to find where I have relentlessly attacked Folsom, that idiot Bulldog poster....YES, in all his wacky jacky personalities but never the program

Cmon man! Don’t be so sensitive. It’s a message board, and I’m DLS homer (a knowledgeable homer). Cut me some slack, jack! And no, the coaches nor the kids are certainly not as cavalier as I am about predictions. But anyone who knows DLS knows that’s the case and has been since forever. That’s why I know they’ll be ready.

That said I’m not showing Folsom disrespect as much as I’m excited about the green machine this year....AND I’m excited about this game! Folsom has a talented team. No question. But so does DLS. All the marbles are on the table. NorCal streak on the line. I just don’t see DLS loSing this. Sorry if that hurts your feelings

Man, I really hate playing hypotheticals. Especially since this ones been beaten to death. but I’ll bite. So you’re saying Folsom, after getting running clocked the two previous years, suddenly was going to make up the 33 point average ass kicking against a Open Division winning DLS team that beat a Cen10 team that may have been the best offensive team in Ca history? A DLS team full of kids that went in to win the Open again the next year? All because Folsom added Jonah and beat Oside? Well, at least DLS wouldn’t get running clocked like all the rest of those juggernaughts Folsom played...lol!

I don’t have a problem with someone that stands behind there team. But when you start throwing out STUPID statements like Folsom would have won convincingly. Take all that SpartanzRule said and add on the fact that there only common opponent in 2014 was DO. DLS won 52-0. Folsom won 42-7. Same QB (Browning) who was paying for his school lunches with change because he didn’t want see, feel, touch, or smell anything that had to do with the color green. Stayed home in bed on St. Patrick’s day. And we are suppose to believe that this guy is going to now lead the dogs to a convincing win over the team that has OWNED him the two previous years. I got ocean front property in Az.

How’s that for honest and objective analysis?

Last edited:
Let me a couple arguments in favor of the 2014 Folsom team as I followed that team very closely.

As already pointed out, each year is different and just because Folsom lost the prior two doesnt mean anything.

Also, there were some national writers who had seen Folsom, DLS, and BG play that year and thought Folsom had the better defense, combined with speed and an incredible offensive line. In fact, writers were saying that it was Folsom's OL that made a huge huge difference - your talking Jonah Williams, Cody Creason (both starters at Alabama and Arizona), and others. You had an offense that was best in CA history 915 pts vs 160 given up, second most nationally..an offense better than that Centennial Team and this last year's MD). You had players from the famed 1970 National No. 1 Cordova team stating Folsom as best SJS ever, only half way into season. You had a highly respected coach at Cathedral Catholic state after game #1 that in 25 years of coaching, this was the best team he ever faced, game 1. No one much believed until Oceanside was just crushed.

Folsom also had speed but also a chip on its shoulders. That can do a lot. I am also tired of this Folsom rule claim. Folsom did not seek to change the rule. It was CIF decision only without Folsom pushing it.

We will never know truly great 2014 was but I would have picked them over DLS and on par with MD last year. You might argue how could I. Well, all my points above but also, DLS in 2014 was far better than last year's DLS team that lost to MD and 2014 Folsom was at least on par if not better than 2014 DLS (see above).

I wish we could have had the 2013 Josh Rosen SJB team vs 2014 Jake Browning Folsom team

Reactions: feedback1
feedback-1..Agree that teams can be different from year to year. That's one of the foundations of Vegas's success and why fans are sure to return "next year/season"
And....
Agree with many of 14-Nv's points but please don't speak of DLS fans as one massive opinion of Us vs the World . Every year part of any critique of the Sparty fans is that we all are one monolithic sparty green kool-aid swilling, hyp-mo-tized by one Green world view of NorCal HS football and how it should and will go for the season.

Think you will be hard pressed to find where I have relentlessly attacked Folsom, that idiot Bulldog poster....YES, in all his wacky jacky personalities but never the program
Let me a couple arguments in favor of the 2014 Folsom team as I followed that team very closely.

As already pointed out, each year is different and just because Folsom lost the prior two doesnt mean anything.

Also, there were some national writers who had seen Folsom, DLS, and BG play that year and thought Folsom had the better defense, combined with speed and an incredible offensive line. In fact, writers were saying that it was Folsom's OL that made a huge huge difference - your talking Jonah Williams, Cody Creason (both starters at Alabama and Arizona), and others. You had an offense that was best in CA history 915 pts vs 160 given up, second most nationally..an offense better than that Centennial Team and this last year's MD). You had players from the famed 1970 National No. 1 Cordova team stating Folsom as best SJS ever, only half way into season. You had a highly respected coach at Cathedral Catholic state after game #1 that in 25 years of coaching, this was the best team he ever faced, game 1. No one much believed until Oceanside was just crushed.

Folsom also had speed but also a chip on its shoulders. That can do a lot. I am also tired of this Folsom rule claim. Folsom did not seek to change the rule. It was CIF decision only without Folsom pushing it.

We will never know truly great 2014 was but I would have picked them over DLS and on par with MD last year. You might argue how could I. Well, all my points above but also, DLS in 2014 was far better than last year's DLS team that lost to MD and 2014 Folsom was at least on par if not better than 2014 DLS (see above).

I wish we could have had the 2013 Josh Rosen SJB team vs 2014 Jake Browning Folsom team

I don’t rhink anyone would disagree that Folsom improved from ‘13 to ‘14.

But in one off season... with essentially the same players + Williams, you’re telling us that they went from being a running clocked JV team (against DLS at least), in not one but the two previous seasons, to an all-time juggernaut that would convincingly beat a true state champ in DLS....AND Cen10 and all of the teams Cen10 smashed to get to the Open. I respect Folsom, but this is exactly why I (and everyone else) give them and their fans shit. Listen to yourself McFly! That’s like DLS saying “well we’da beat MD and SJB if we’da played them in X year”. I don’t care if we had a D1 at every position, you don’t talk smack, call yourself the best until you beat the best. Folsom has never even come close to ever beating the best. Not even close. Food for thought.

Reactions: 14U2ALLNV

I’m so sorry you felt compelled to throw in your two cents. Each year is different. But if you think Browing has forgotten the two previous ass beatings. Your wrong. And the reason we will never know how truly great 2014 Folsom team was is because they played nobody. When you go beating up these little teams and start beating your chest. It’s a really bad look. And you have no right comparing any Folsom team to MD, Cent10, SJB, BG or anyone else. You have to earn that right. The topper is comparing Folsom to last years MD. With this statement you have left no doubt as to you lack of any knowledge whatsoever. If you want to rub elbows with the big boys play some big boys.

I see you waited almost 3 years to write your first post. You sould have waited 3 more. Not a good way to start your posting career.

So you’re saying Folsom, after getting running clocked the two previous years, suddenly was going to make up the 33 point average ass kicking against a Open Division winning DLS team that beat a Cen10 team that may have been the best offensive team in Ca history? A DLS team full of kids that went in to win the Open again the next year? All because Folsom added Jonah and beat Oside?

Yes. First, your statement that the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 Folsom teams was one player is not even close to accurate. Second, the 2015 DLS team was not the same as the 2014 DLS team. Unlike ALL of you DLS posters, I do not put any credence into extrapolating results from one year's team to the next. I base my opinion on objective analysis - video and stats. But at the end of the day, it is my opinion. The problem that I have is not that anyone disagrees with me, it is this:

But when you start throwing out STUPID statements like Folsom would have won convincingly. . . . . And we are suppose to believe that this guy is going to now lead the dogs to a convincing win over the team that has OWNED him the two previous years. I got ocean front property in Az.

How’s that for honest and objective analysis?

Disagreement with the DLS group-think opinion must be 'stupid'. This is not objective. This is the emotional and irrational. And this:

I’m so sorry you felt compelled to throw in your two cents . . . .I see you waited almost 3 years to write your first post. You sould have waited 3 more. Not a good way to start your posting career.

A new poster to the board makes some reasonable statements and this is the response?

IAnd you have no right comparing any Folsom team to MD, Cent10, SJB, BG or anyone else. You have to earn that right.

Seriously? Do opinions really need to be approved by the DLS fans? You guys should allow others to have their own opinions and argue against the actual opinion instead of labeling posters as 'stupid' or acting as if the DLS sycophant opinion is the only valid view point.

Reactions: awood1
Yes. First, your statement that the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 Folsom teams was one player is not even close to accurate. Second, the 2015 DLS team was not the same as the 2014 DLS team. Unlike ALL of you DLS posters, I do not put any credence into extrapolating results from one year's team to the next. I base my opinion on objective analysis - video and stats. But at the end of the day, it is my opinion. The problem that I have is not that anyone disagrees with me, it is this:

Disagreement with the DLS group-think opinion must be 'stupid'. This is not objective. This is the emotional and irrational. And this:

A new poster to the board makes some reasonable statements and this is the response?

Seriously? Do opinions really need to be approved by the DLS fans? You guys should allow others to have their own opinions and argue against the actual opinion instead of labeling posters as 'stupid' or acting as if the DLS sycophant opinion is the only valid view point.
Sorry Feedback you need to FOLD. You just contradicted yourself 4 times with a strong argument for 5 times. And on top of it all your are a complete liar. Never did I say a poster is stupid. You need to back that ASS up.
You throw out statements with absolutely nothing to back it up and then say “IMO”. And then turn around and say opinions don’t matter only honest and objective analysis matters. Well I’m sorry it’s only an option that DLS would have lost convincingly to Folsom in 2014.
Your angry feedback1. GET OVER IT! Or don’t.

One last thing feedback. You are completely disrespectful. I feel this Folsom team does have a shot. And it would not be as big of an upset as say Liston vs Clay. Or the 1980 USA hockey team beating the Soviet’s. You can go off on some other rant all you want. No way does Folsom deserve the respect DLS does. Basically what your doing is beating up someone who is smaller and much weaker then you. And then you puff out your chest to someone who is taking on and at times beating someone who is bigger and stronger then they are. I have to tell you I’m completely unimpressed.

Time to FOLD.

I feel that your opinion on the whole "DLS groupthink" is erroneous. But that's just MY opinion. I drink the green kool aid at times, but I'm still waiting to hear why Folsom hyper-improved to become the best team in California after getting running clocked the previous two seasons with essentially the same group of players. I believe that you not "extrapolating" results from immediate prior years that are directly related to the current year is just sticking your head in the sand. For instance, we knew the '15 DLS team was going to be special because of the previous two seasons watching all those young players develop. Sound familiar? Folsom kids aren't the only ones who get better with age.

Lastly. Now you're being a baby with the whole DLS fans approving opinions nonsense. If you don't like back and forth discussion and backing up your claims with facts or AT LEAST reasonable evidence, then simply don't engage. It's a message board, dude.

Last edited:
One last thing feedback. You are completely disrespectful. I feel this Folsom team does have a shot. And it would not be as big of an upset as say Liston vs Clay. Or the 1980 USA hockey team beating the Soviet’s. You can go off on some other rant all you want. No way does Folsom deserve the respect DLS does. Basically what your doing is beating up someone who is smaller and much weaker then you. And then you puff out your chest to someone who is taking on and at times beating someone who is bigger and stronger then they are. I have to tell you I’m completely unimpressed.

Time to FOLD.
This pretty much covers it.

The problem with joyofosoul's analysis of 2014 Folsom is that he states who great their defense was. One thing Folsom has never had is a great defense. You can't say their 2014 team had a great defense when they played nobody.

Folsom has yet to reach the DLS, MD, or Centennial level. Mr. Joyofosoul, please temper your analysis.

This year's game; 48-24 DLS.

The problem with joyofosoul's analysis of 2014 Folsom is that he states who great their defense was. One thing Folsom has never had is a great defense. You can't say their 2014 team had a great defense when they played nobody.

Folsom has yet to reach the DLS, MD, or Centennial level. Mr. Joyofosoul, please temper your analysis.

This year's game; 48-24 DLS.

Cmon, man! This totally makes sense. How can you not agree that Folsom improved from being running clocked...twice....to the number 1 team in California in one summer with the same players?! Their D ate a LOT of spinach over the summer to counter the 49 points DLS hung in them. To hell with DLS, SJB, Cen10 and the rest of the Trinity League and SS. Folsom is #1 even though they’ve never beaten DLS nor a D1 SOCal team. Check that...they’ve never even PLAYED a D1 SoCal team. That’d why I don’t get the absurdity of some of these Folsom supporters. I want to support my fellow NorCal brothers, but jeez!!!

Reactions: RidgeRider
Wow, I cannot believe the response I got for simply stating facts and an analysis/opinion. We are talking hs football, and for those who hate on folsom and dole on dls, its rediculous to make assumptions or say i am being stupid with my arguments..just like liberals, when you present a thorough analysis, or facts, or an valid opinion, vitreol spews..my gosh, mostof you are worse than teenagers.

And btw, I have just posted one as I did not realize i had access, but i have been meaning to in the past. A few quick follow up points...

Those who gave me such a hard time, failed to even look thoroughly at my points or understand my perspective or the basis of my argument. If you did, you would have at the very least seen my folsom favored argument as having merit. Additionally, how many of you actually watched folsom play in person that year? If you had, you would not be acting in such a horrendous manner. And the idea that a team cannot go from crushed the year prior to being completely a different team the next year, is ludicrous. Folsom did it to Grant in 2010. Grant was ranked #1 in Nor Cal and the state and had crashed Folsom first or second game on ESPN and then Folsom returned the favor in D1 SJS championship and went on to beat Serra Gardena in D2 State final. Think 49ers and Jim Harbaugh..true different coach but talent was there, and went 13-3 first year. Folsom had 3 years together and something clicked. In life and sports, there are times where everything comes together even when it failed year prior.
There is more to say but it is getying late!!

Beyond all that, you ignore what opposing coaches, reporters eye witness testimonies, results etc. all said about Folsom. And to compare that Folsom team to this year's MD team isnt insane. One can draw analysis by looking at history for a basis. For example, Folsom's 2017 was believed to be at the least on par with DLS last year from every national and state analysis I read, who lost to MD by a lot, though somewhat due to costly mistakes. Therefore, you might conclude Folsom 2017 would have done "as well" as DLS if not better. Folsom's 2014 team was for certain better than 2017, both in terms of offense and precision, with an incredible defense and OL as shown in original post. So using inference, one can conlude the 2014 Folsom team might have been nearly as impressive as MD.

There is more i can say but time iwil be.

Reactions: feedback1
Joy you fail to mention two important facts about the Grant game....Ference Lang was out and Shaq Thompson was severely limited with injury....Lets take two of the three express away from Folsom and see if its the same team?? NOT.....Picture looks a little different now doesn't it?

DLS has no need to prove anything vs. Folsom and Folsom has everything to prove. Who really needs who here?? Short of the Express next season will Folsom be able to compete with DLS or is a one season wonder?

Joy you fail to mention two important facts about the Grant game....Ference Lang was out and Shaq Thompson was severely limited with injury....Lets take two of the three express away from Folsom and see if its the same team?? NOT.....Picture looks a little different now doesn't it?

DLS has no need to prove anything vs. Folsom and Folsom has everything to prove. Who really needs who here?? Short of the Express next season will Folsom be able to compete with DLS or is a one season wonder?

The DLS player I talked to yesterday certainly had an axe to grind. Pretty sick of hearing it about Folsom.

Wow, I cannot believe the response I got for simply stating facts and an analysis/opinion. We are talking hs football, and for those who hate on folsom and dole on dls, its rediculous to make assumptions or say i am being stupid with my arguments..just like liberals, when you present a thorough analysis, or facts, or an valid opinion, vitreol spews..my gosh, mostof you are worse than teenagers.

And btw, I have just posted one as I did not realize i had access, but i have been meaning to in the past. A few quick follow up points...

Those who gave me such a hard time, failed to even look thoroughly at my points or understand my perspective or the basis of my argument. If you did, you would have at the very least seen my folsom favored argument as having merit. Additionally, how many of you actually watched folsom play in person that year? If you had, you would not be acting in such a horrendous manner. And the idea that a team cannot go from crushed the year prior to being completely a different team the next year, is ludicrous. Folsom did it to Grant in 2010. Grant was ranked #1 in Nor Cal and the state and had crashed Folsom first or second game on ESPN and then Folsom returned the favor in D1 SJS championship and went on to beat Serra Gardena in D2 State final. Think 49ers and Jim Harbaugh..true different coach but talent was there, and went 13-3 first year. Folsom had 3 years together and something clicked. In life and sports, there are times where everything comes together even when it failed year prior.

Beyond all that, you ignore what opposing coaches, reporters eye witness testimonies, results etc. all said about Folsom. And to compare that Folsom team to this year's MD team isnt insane. One can draw analysis by looking at history for a basis. For example, Folsom's 2017 was believed to be at the least on par with DLS last year from every national and state analysis I read, who lost to MD by a lot, though somewhat due to costly mistakes. Therefore, you might conclude Folsom 2017 would have done "as well" as DLS if not better. Folsom's 2014 team was for certain better than 2017, both in terms of offense and precision, with an incredible defense and OL as shown in original post. So using inference, one can conlude the 2014 Folsom team might have been nearly as impressive as MD.

I’m sorry everything you said lost all credibility as soon as you mentioned MD. You have an opinion and that’s fine. But I am one who did see Folsom in person Twice. The difference between you and me is before I crown someone the best of all time (witch is what you are saying) you have to play someone. I saw them play DO and Oceanside. By the way DLS beat DO by 17 points more then Folsom did just two weeks earlier. I would agree that doesn’t mean DLS would have beat them. But please explain away the 17 point difference. And please explain away the schedule. I don’t get why someone would expose them self like this. Folsom has played DLS twice. That’s it. When I talk about who DLS has played Folsom never enters the conversation.

Also the Folsom rule is just that because they had everything to do with it. It’s not a secret.

Last edited:
Keep your eye on DLS junior DL/OL Ben Roe kid is a beast in the making

Yep. I agree. Nobody’s talking about him because of all of the other studs. He came on strong last year. 6-2 270 already as a junior. He’s going to plug up the middle on D and create large holes on the OL. Also keep an eye on Mecki Norfleet. Sophomore RB/LB 5-11 190 already. He seriously looks like Michael Hutchings at that age.

On a side note. I saw the new turf today. Wow! Fans will be in for a treat considering what we’ve played on since forever.

Last edited:

Thanks for your response. I respect you standing by your team.

But Why are you so surprised that you’re getting such a reaction? Writers? Reporters? Whatever. Come to the national forum and listen to dudes who actually know HSFB from all over the country. We’ve all watches literally hundreds of games of elite team around. Anyone...writer, reporter or coach loses all credibility who’d would say that Folsom would beat DLS “just because” and is on par with 2017 MD. The latter is just flat out...hell I don’t even know what to say about that claim. That MD team is in the conversation for best HSFB ever. But were suppose to accept hat Folsom is comparable to them because they beat OSide and Helix (barely). I dare you...I double dare you to go to he national board and make that claim. I say this in fun BTW.

Anyways. DLS is the ‘14 Open Division Champ. And the witching hour for Folsom is drawing near. Hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings like Feeback.

Last edited:
It just does not make sense that a Folsom fan can say that the Folsom defense improved that much from 2013 to 2014. There is no logical way to say that if DLS and Folsom had played a third year in a row that Folsom could have been in the game in 2014. Jonah Williams would have made a difference, but not enough to overcome a 5-6 td differential that we saw the previous two years.

.Is Joyofsoul actually G61 in disguise?

Yep. I agree. Nobody’s talking about him because of all of the other studs. He came on strong last year. 6-2 270 already as a junior. He’s going to plug up the middle on D and create large holes on the OL. Also keep an eye on Mecki Norfleet. Sophomore RB/LB 5-11 190 already. He seriously looks like Michael Hutchings at that age.

On a side note. I saw the new turf today. Wow! Fans will be in for a treat considering what we’ve played on since forever.

Any chance Norfleet is related to Cameron Norfleet who attended and played football at Cal High?

I am anything but a dls fan nor am I a Folsom fan. But after reading all these post about how Folsom would have beat dls in 2014. Someone wrote that it’s based on video, and stats. My question is what team did Folsom play that year that would even be worth video taping or take stats of? I’m one who would like to see Folsom come out on top against dls. But to say you come to that conclusion based on video and stats is just ridiculous. IMO (as if anyone cares) is that based on common opponent and common sense. DLS 35-17 (in 2014)

It just does not make sense that a Folsom fan can say that the Folsom defense improved that much from 2013 to 2014. There is no logical way to say that if DLS and Folsom had played a third year in a row that Folsom could have been in the game in 2014.
I realize that asking the DLS sycophants to be objective is the same as asking a box of hammers to be objective. But for those who are interested, I took a look at Maxpreps and the top Folsom defenders (amb tackles):

S. Whittingham (Sr)
T. Crandall (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Sr)

L. Hendricks (Sr)
N. Weary (Sr)

R. Ellison (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Jr)
E. Flores (Sr)
C. Thompson (Jr)
J. Morgado (Jr)

So how does a defense improve from 2013 to 2014? Start by being honest and curious and looking at the available evidence (box scores, newspaper articles). Reject your own circular 'logic' that reinforces your pre-conceived notions.

Ellison was injured in 2013 and only played the first few snaps vs DLS. (according to the news article on the game)
Laolagi was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.
Whittingham was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.

Maybe there were other injuries, I don't know. But all three above played LB. I suspect that most defenses that lose their 3 top linebackers would not show very well. Especially vs. a good veer team like DLS. In 2014, Folsom's top tacklers played in the state game. That and an OT that will be drafted early in the first round, MIGHT have made a difference in 2014.

You should also keep in mind that in the 2013 game while the score was very lopsided, Folsom had 412 yds TO (vs. 465 for DLS). While Folsom did not score much, they did move the ball.

The idea that local opinions need to be vetted on the national board, where there are 'knowledgeable' posters is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . Talk football with a bunch of posters that know even less about Norcal football? No thanks.

Reactions: awood1
Same story in 2010 when Grant absolutely crushed Folsom in the opener...both teams fully healthy...Season ending Folsom win....Grant with a severely limited All Pro in Shaq Thompson and the loss of Ference Lang.....works both ways pal......both those guys play...closer game but Grant wins!

Reactions: Sacchiefs
I realize that asking the DLS sycophants to be objective is the same as asking a box of hammers to be objective. But for those who are interested, I took a look at Maxpreps and the top Folsom defenders (amb tackles):

S. Whittingham (Sr)
T. Crandall (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Sr)
L. Hendricks (Sr)
N. Weary (Sr)

R. Ellison (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Jr)
E. Flores (Sr)
C. Thompson (Jr)
J. Morgado (Jr)

So how does a defense improve from 2013 to 2014? Start by being honest and curious and looking at the available evidence (box scores, newspaper articles). Reject your own circular 'logic' that reinforces your pre-conceived notions.

Ellison was injured in 2013 and only played the first few snaps vs DLS. (according to the news article on the game)
Laolagi was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.
Whittingham was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.

Maybe there were other injuries, I don't know. But all three above played LB. I suspect that most defenses that lose their 3 top linebackers would not show very well. Especially vs. a good veer team like DLS. In 2014, Folsom's top tacklers played in the state game. That and an OT that will be drafted early in the first round, MIGHT have made a difference in 2014.

You should also keep in mind that in the 2013 game while the score was very lopsided, Folsom had 412 yds TO (vs. 465 for DLS). While Folsom did not score much, they did move the ball.
I know your so mad you can’t see straight. But please look at what your saying. The best team you played that year was DO or Grant both of witch would have beaten Oceanside. So your box scores and newspaper articles are going to make that Folsom team look like gods. You really should be more upset at your team that refused to challenge themselves. I coached HSFB for many years. I do know a little about it. I was at both state games that year at the stub hub center. The most impressive offense I’ve ever seen in high school football was that 2014 Cent10 team. In there first 9 plays they had 3tds they just could not stop the veer. It seemed like Friday night we watched a high school game (Folsom vs Oceanside) and Saturday night was more like watching a college game (DLS vs Cent10) It was that different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT