ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

Can someone fill me in on who this L68 cat is?
Don't know no L68. G61 is a huge Folsom fan that talks so much BS. He has a way of getting under people's skin. I don't partake because he has lost all credibility with me. He also goes by other Aliases. If I were you I would be insulted having been mentioned in the same sentence with that guy.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Don't know no L68. G61 is a huge Folsom fan that talks so much BS. He has a way of getting under people's skin. I don't partake because he has lost all credibility with me. He also goes by other Aliases. If I were you I would be insulted having been mentioned in the same sentence with that guy.
This sounds interesting. I will do a search through the forums and see what I find.

Regardless of who wins, have we even begun to consider that we will alll face an entire High School regular, and postseason, NOT being able to debate the #1 topic on this forum EVERY YEAR (since 2010ish) “who would win if DLS played Folsom this year” . Oh the humanity!!!

I think you're selling the constituency short? Some topic will step up and grab the title, sure as sunshine!
How 'bout;
  • Folsom's weak schedule: Until they start spending the 1st 4 weeks in a plane, someone will label their schedule as "weak" and tell them they need to "step up".
  • Public vs. Parochial; Perceived and real advantages will always be a "hot topic".
  • Recruiting; Any school that has >.500 record will always be open to the rumors of coaches and their "undue influence".
  • Mystery posters; There will always be a steady supply of keyboard cowboys that speak about their team as if they were not only the head coach but also the father of the entire team, yet post under an ambiguous title. Their irritation will cause other super-sleuths to hypothesize about the REAL identity of the mystery guest to the point of an FBI investigation.
  • Haters; I don't foresee a shortage anytime soon. Often also mystery posters, these folks will ramble on about the program that dominated them with a steady supply of insults and conspiracy theories.
  • My guess as future (new) hot topics will also include; declining participation in HS football, health risks and laws regarding youth football AND quality / quantity of HS football officials.
Yup, there will always be something to bitch about and plenty of folks to keep the fire burning.

Mystery posters; There will always be a steady supply of keyboard cowboys that speak about their team as if they were not only the head coach but also the father of the entire team, yet post under an ambiguous title. Their irritation will cause other super-sleuths to hypothesize about the REAL identity of the mystery guest to the point of an FBI investigation.
This ^^^^^^^^^^

I think you're selling the constituency short? Some topic will step up and grab the title, sure as sunshine!
How 'bout;
  • Folsom's weak schedule: Until they start spending the 1st 4 weeks in a plane, someone will label their schedule as "weak" and tell them they need to "step up".
  • Public vs. Parochial; Perceived and real advantages will always be a "hot topic".
  • Recruiting; Any school that has >.500 record will always be open to the rumors of coaches and their "undue influence".
  • Mystery posters; There will always be a steady supply of keyboard cowboys that speak about their team as if they were not only the head coach but also the father of the entire team, yet post under an ambiguous title. Their irritation will cause other super-sleuths to hypothesize about the REAL identity of the mystery guest to the point of an FBI investigation.
  • Haters; I don't foresee a shortage anytime soon. Often also mystery posters, these folks will ramble on about the program that dominated them with a steady supply of insults and conspiracy theories.
  • My guess as future (new) hot topics will also include; declining participation in HS football, health risks and laws regarding youth football AND quality / quantity of HS football officials.
Yup, there will always be something to bitch about and plenty of folks to keep the fire burning.
?????????????????????????????????????
I have got to party with this guy.

Last edited:
How 'bout;
Maybe there's to many big words for me. But if Folsom spends 20-25 min in a airplane ( from gate to gate ) getting to Concord, then DLS will have an easy game. My suggestion would be to get here a couple days in advance. You know because jet lag. LOL. Folsom won't spend a min in the air and will have boosted there schedule and DLS's in a 1:20 min bus ride. Until a week or two ago they absolutely needed to step it up. Any Real Folsom fan will tell you that. Larry will try and say it was already better then DLS. The feeling I'm getting is that Folsom could go 1-9 as long as the 1 was DLS it's a good season.

Solid contribution. Very coherent
Maybe there's to many big words for me. But if Folsom spends 20-25 min in a airplane ( from gate to gate ) getting to Concord, then DLS will have an easy game. My suggestion would be to get here a couple days in advance. You know because jet lag. LOL. Folsom won't spend a min in the air and will have boosted there schedule and DLS's in a 1:20 min bus ride. Until a week or two ago they absolutely needed to step it up. Any Real Folsom fan will tell you that. Larry will try and say it was already better then DLS. The feeling I'm getting is that Folsom could go 1-9 as long as the 1 was DLS it's a good season.
How 'bout;

Reactions: jimmyzr1
Envy- hold on. You know about G6’s aliases but you’ve been here only a month and he’s awol. Huh? UR12no?

Back to FB....Every 6-7 years comes along a (boundary) public which can beat deLa. Grant, Cal (10 years running now) and now Folsom. None of this piddly Home and Home. Go four games at least. Man up.

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
Envy- hold on. You know about G6’s aliases but you’ve been here only a month and he’s awol. Huh? UR12no?

Back to FB....Every 6-7 years comes along a (boundary) public which can beat deLa. Grant, Cal (10 years running now) and now Folsom. None of this piddly Home and Home. Go four games at least. Man up.
Grant has never beat or been able to beat DLS. Cal beat DLS something like 35yrs ago by a field goal if I remember right. Also I had an old account but forgot it and the password so I started a new one. 1315 (G61)

Grant has never beat or been able to beat DLS. Cal beat DLS something like 35yrs ago by a field goal if I remember right. Also I had an old account but forgot it and the password so I started a new one. 1315 (G61)
Wait a minute. So 1315 is L78?

Lol if you only been a high school football fan for 5 years then I understand why you would say grant never had a team able to
Beat dls. They had a couple teams since the 90s that would’ve gave dls all they could handle

Reactions: remc and slick58
Lol if you only been a high school football fan for 5 years then I understand why you would say grant never had a team able to
Beat dls. They had a couple teams since the 90s that would’ve gave dls all they could handle
Well that's only your opinion. I've been a football fan for many years. The funniest thing about your little statement is DLS,s best teams were in the 90s. Only losing one time. And you think Grant was the team that could have done it. Even in 2008 when they were in the open. The CIF realized they messed up when Grant won and ranked centennial higher after they beat DLS in the final seconds. I'll agree they had some great teams but never enough at the right times. I mean for you to bring up the 90s proves my point.
So Thank you.

14U2

I’m not so sure about Grants great teams never being “at the right time” to have challenged DLS. I don’t remember specifics of all the Grant teams in the 90s, but Grants 2006 squad was legit, undefeated, and really unchallenged if memory serves me well. I do remember many stating one of the reasons that Grant received the 2008 Open bid was partially because the 06’ team missed out (2006 was first year of State Games, and their was really no way DLS was going to not ge picked in Year 1). And if I’m not mistaken, DLS’ team in 06’ wasn’t necessarily one of their best. Most Grant fans will tell you the 06 team was superior to the 08’ squad.

Last edited:
Reactions: slick58
14U2

I’m not so sure about Grants great teams never being “at the right time” to have challenged DLS. I don’t remember specifics of all the Grant teams in the 90s, but Grants 2006 squad was legit, undefeated, and really unchallenged if memory serves me well. I do remember many stating one of the reasons that Grant received the 2008 Open bid was partially because the 06’ team missed out (2006 was first year of State Games, and their was really no way DLS was going to not ge picked in Year 1). And if I’m not mistaken, DLS’ team in 06’ wasn’t necessarily one of their best. Grant fans will tell you the 06 team was superior to the 08’ squad.
I do remember that team. Very good. I'm not sure if they would have beat DLS. If you remember there special teams weren't very good. I would have like to see that game. However the 90s were DLS golden years.

I do remember that team. Very good. I'm not sure if they would have beat DLS. If you remember there special teams weren't very good. I would have like to see that game. However the 90s were DLS golden years.

Yes ST was their weakness, but their defense was superb. I think Poly only had one offensive TD in Open Game.

Im also not sure Grant would’ve beat DLS that year. But per your prior post, you stated ‘they (Grant) NEVER had enough at the right times” to have beat DLS. My point was merely stating there are examples where they may have had enough at the right time. We’ll never know...

Wait a minute. So 1315 is L78?

Envy- Not quite, but nice try! Not a troll. OG as 1315 since ‘11. Never changed. Regulars know what I represent. Was curious about Envy’s reincarnation. As a deLa follower would know about publics more recent close games. Seriously. Just explore post history before making ridiculous false narratives. As far as “Folsom?” One of Johnny Cash’s best songs. LOL.

Last edited:
No thanks. Down here, where the equity makes us giddy, we just drive past the Q over the Richmond San Rafael bridge.

That was a good try deflecting previous incarnations to me by Envy.
But the cats here on NCP go stealthy deep; like way deep in the tundra waiting for the lone gazelle to get comfortable gnawing on the grass, then BAM! Sayonara.

Last edited:
No thanks. Down here, where the equity makes us giddy, we just drive past the Q over the Richmond San Rafael bridge.

That was a good try deflecting previous incarnations to me by Envy.
But the cats here on NCP go stealthy deep; like way deep in the tundra waiting for the lone gazelle to get comfortable gnawing on the grass, then BAM! Sayonara.
If you ever feel Froggy, leap.

DLS will be adding more stands. Now both end zones will have stands. There expecting 8 to 10k fans. I agree a different venue would be better. Parking will be a nightmare.

The game should be moved to a suitable location to hold the fans that want to attend. I think the last time these two teams played in the playoffs they moved the game to DVC. I would also love to see it on a big TV platform like ESPN.

The game should be moved to a suitable location to hold the fans that want to attend. I think the last time these two teams played in the playoffs they moved the game to DVC. I would also love to see it on a big TV platform like ESPN.
Don’t know why DVC or St Marys College aren’t being used. I’m assuming that SMC still has an intact field even though the football program has long since been discontinued.

I agree. DVC also has more parking. Even without adding the extra stands parking is really bad. Now it will be impossible.

Although a nice highschool football environment for a Friday night, I don't see this game being a comfortable setting to watch the game. Too bad id love to go and support folsom. The home stands and student section will be packed as usual. the visitors section is just to small. I typically watch the game from the bleachers by the baseball field. I don't care for the view but I get a good seat. Really hoping this game is on TV or streamed. I expect it will be a great atmosphere tho

I think the previous two games between DLS and Folsom were in Sacramento and Folsom

They should hold the game @ Cal. I recall DLS played Mater Dei in Strawberry Canyon years ago.

Reactions: remc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT