ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

I realize that asking the DLS sycophants to be objective is the same as asking a box of hammers to be objective. But for those who are interested, I took a look at Maxpreps and the top Folsom defenders (amb tackles):

S. Whittingham (Sr)
T. Crandall (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Sr)
L. Hendricks (Sr)
N. Weary (Sr)

R. Ellison (Sr)
B. Laolagi (Jr)
E. Flores (Sr)
C. Thompson (Jr)
J. Morgado (Jr)

So how does a defense improve from 2013 to 2014? Start by being honest and curious and looking at the available evidence (box scores, newspaper articles). Reject your own circular 'logic' that reinforces your pre-conceived notions.

Ellison was injured in 2013 and only played the first few snaps vs DLS. (according to the news article on the game)
Laolagi was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.
Whittingham was injured and did not play vs. DLS in 2013.

Maybe there were other injuries, I don't know. But all three above played LB. I suspect that most defenses that lose their 3 top linebackers would not show very well. Especially vs. a good veer team like DLS. In 2014, Folsom's top tacklers played in the state game. That and an OT that will be drafted early in the first round, MIGHT have made a difference in 2014.

You should also keep in mind that in the 2013 game while the score was very lopsided, Folsom had 412 yds TO (vs. 465 for DLS). While Folsom did not score much, they did move the ball.

Well shit. I’m convinced.

I don’t even know where to start with this doggie doodoo of a post. If I print it out I suppose I could line the cat box with it...

I totally respect that you will go down with this ship, but you are embarrassing yourself nonetheless.

Folsom gained about 390 of those 412 on DLS’s 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string. If you check the box score, you’ll notice that me, the DLS cheerleaders, and team mom even laced ‘em up for a series or two in the 4th. Dude...it was 35-7 at half. Get real.

Who did Folsom play again? A banged up Grant team? Oside?

Folsom lost by 30 to a ‘13 DLS squad that was equally good the following year. You’re killin’ me, Smalls!

The idea that local opinions need to be vetted on the national board, where there are 'knowledgeable' posters is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . Talk football with a bunch of posters that know even less about Norcal football? No thanks.

I’ll respond to this with four things:

1. Of course you say “no thanks”. Why would you want to engage engage with even more people who actually know HSFB? Cmon and regal us with your tales of Folsom being running clocked twice by not nearly the best team in the country those years to national power worldwide beaters.

2. We/they (national posters) know more about NorCal football than all of the media hacks put together that you purport to support Folsom’s (ironically) hyper-improvement theory. With respect to the good posters here, stay here and keep your head in the sand. Enjoy your D17 championships. You’re the epitome as to why Folsom catches so much crap.

3. DLS is going to murder Folsom THIS time as well. Damn I forgot the fourth thing...

Last edited:
Folsom and DLS were two of the best teams in the country in 2014. Folsom was ranked 4th. DLS was ranked 2nd. To reject out of hand the possibility of a Folsom win is REASONABLE / NOT HONEST (pick your own answer). I say that Folsom would have won if the two teams had played. Prove me wrong.

2012 and 2013 blah, blah, blah

We NATIONAL posters know more than ANYONE blah, blah, blah,

YOUR onions are rejected and you are invalid blah, blah, blah,

I cite FACTS, you are stupid blah, blah, blah,

You are G61 blah, blah, blah

Folsom Rule blah, blah, blah

Folsom didn't play anyone blah, blah, blah

Ahh, no proof. Only opinions.

Folsom and DLS were two of the best teams in the country in 2014. Folsom was ranked 4th. DLS was ranked 2nd. To reject out of hand the possibility of a Folsom win is REASONABLE / NOT HONEST (pick your own answer). I say that Folsom would have won if the two teams had played. Prove me wrong

Feedback,

Everyone can have their opinion, but the only way it is really settled is on the football field. This back and forth about the 2013 and 2014 DLS–Folsom teams seems like a lot of wasted energy on a topic that’s been beat to death.

Finally after 4 years the 2 teams play for all the marbles to decide possibly the NorCal Open Division Football Representative. By all accounts Folsom is bringing their best team on record to this game against DLS. It will be settled for this year on the football field at DLS. It will also be settled next year on the football field at Folsom. I personally like to go with the facts and not opinions. For this year we'll find out on Aug 17th who is the Big Dog.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Feedback,

Everyone can have their opinion, but the only way it is really settled is on the football field. This back and forth about the 2013 and 2014 DLS–Folsom teams seems like a lot of wasted energy on a topic that’s been beat to death.

Finally after 4 years the 2 teams play for all the marbles to decide possibly the NorCal Open Division Football Representative. By all accounts Folsom is bringing their best team on record to this game against DLS. It will be settled for this year on the football field at DLS. It will also be settled next year on the football field at Folsom. I personally like to go with the facts and not opinions. For this year we'll find out on Aug 17th who is the Big Dog.

I only engaged because the game is near. I typically dont engage posters who make ridiculous statements. You’re right, this topic was murdered last year with the arrival G61/kingera. The game is mercifully near!!!

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
Folsom and DLS were two of the best teams in the country in 2014. Folsom was ranked 4th. DLS was ranked 2nd. To reject out of hand the possibility of a Folsom win is REASONABLE / NOT HONEST (pick your own answer). I say that Folsom would have won if the two teams had played. Prove me wrong.

Folsom should have continued to play DLS for the NorCal Open Title every year. No reason to have discontinued that. Not a good look to have lost two previous games by a few scores, then when you don’t play claim that your team would have “if they had played “

I don’t have the luxury of living in your fantasy world. I have to live in reality. And I’ve said all along that I agree with the Folsom rule. It’s flat wrong for the second best team in NorCal to have to stay home during the SBG. The difference between 1 and 2 in SoCal is razer thin. It’s a much bigger gap in NorCal. I’m done proving my point. But come 8/17 your going to have to deal with REALITY.

If Folsom plays like they did against Sacramento (which seems to give them a tough matchup the last two years) and Oakdale last season, it will be a long night for the dogs. Seems Folsom was on all cylinders at end of season, but their offense isn't going to fool the Spartans which have been very successful against that offense. The game is intriguing but again Folsom will need to figure out how to score and not turn the ball over on downs to this Spartan team. Will Folsom punt the ball this season? Otherwise it may be another long night for them. It is disastrous to give the ball to the Spartans on a short field. I hope they learned their lesson.

Reactions: 14U2ALLNV
If Folsom plays like they did against Sacramento (which seems to give them a tough matchup the last two years) and Oakdale last season, it will be a long night for the dogs. Seems Folsom was on all cylinders at end of season, but their offense isn't going to fool the Spartans which have been very successful against that offense. The game is intriguing but again Folsom will need to figure out how to score and not turn the ball over on downs to this Spartan team. Will Folsom punt the ball this season? Otherwise it may be another long night for them. It is disastrous to give the ball to the Spartans on a short field. I hope they learned their lesson.
I think there are two ways to look at it. Your right there were times he needed to punt the ball. But I think Richardson knows his only chance at beating DLS is with his offense. He went for it when he should not have last time they played. But I would agree he needs to pick and choose his time and spots to go for it a little better.

On the other hand I would not blame him one bit if he left his punter in Folsom and just throw caution to the wind. Your playing DLS.

Reactions: awood1
Folsom was very lucky to have beaten Sac High last season with the vaunted Express....If Sac High can play them like that then how in the world do they compete with the likes of DLS?? Sac has beaten them once and the Dogs were extremley lucky to get out with out losing last year......

Reactions: 14U2ALLNV
Folsom should have continued to play DLS for the NorCal Open Title every year. No reason to have discontinued that. Not a good look to have lost two previous games by a few scores, then when you don’t play claim that your team would have “if they had played “

Agree.

The ‘Folsom Rule’ was the reason this playoff NorCal matchup was discontinued for the past 4 years. But now for 2018 and 2019 we’re going to settle this issue on the football field with the losing team possibly still eligible for a SBG playoff selection.

And what do you know, 1 of these 2 teams might not be the best team in NorCal. That team could be Pittsburg.

I think there are two ways to look at it. Your right there were times he needed to punt the ball. But I think Richardson knows his only chance at beating DLS is with his offense. He went for it when he should not have last time they played. But I would agree he needs to pick and choose his time and spots to go for it a little better.

On the other hand I would not blame him one bit if he left his punter in Folsom and just throw caution to the wind. Your playing DLS.

Clayton Valley Charter took this approach against DLS for the last 2 years and DLS made pay with touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, etc., etc.

Clayton Valley Charter took this approach against DLS for the last 2 years and DLS made pay with touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, etc., etc.
My opinion is DLS is going to make them pay weather you punt the ball or not. There is a big difference between Folsom and CVC. Folsom can score at any time. It take CVC 10-15 plays.

New DeLaSalle Astroturf. Took picture while stuck in traffic. Looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Folsom has a real shot at winning this game. They have the athletes , just a matter of their lines of scrimmage on both sides of the ball taking care of business.If they do, they can win. If not, then no

Folsom has a real shot at winning this game. They have the athletes , just a matter of their lines of scrimmage on both sides of the ball taking care of business.If they do, they can win. If not, then no
I agree with your statement. I have attended a few workouts and practices on the Folsom side and can say they are ready. A few points I would like to make.

1. The Folsom line is bigger and faster this year. They will hold their own. Going off of last year's schedule, and even worse games from five years ago, is ludicrous. Even the returning vaunted skill players will be different this year.

2. They have been training in this crazy heat up here. I believe this will help them against DLS, since it will most likely by hot as hell during that game, even in Concord. DLS no doubt is also practicing in some heat, but not THIS heat!

3. I have seen some people infer that Richardson would not punt against DLS. I am not sure where this is coming from. They practice punting every day in practice and punted regularly last year. Why would they not punt against DLS? When they had Troy Taylor, they were much more likely to go for it on 4th down, but still punted then, although rarely. Folsom isn't that arrogant to not punt. They punted against Helix.

4. I see the same posters on this forum wanting to revert back to games that occurred 5 years ago, pointing out games where Folsom didn't dominate, to use that as their point as to why Folsom has zero shot of winning and should just cancel the bus to DLS. This is laughable. They will be there and have a GREAT shot of winning.

5. This is not Folsom's best team. 2014 was the best hands down. Although I WOULD agree that this is Folsom's best chance to compete and beat DLS, based on the match ups on both sides. Browning was great in 2014, but he was tailor made for the DLS pressure on the defensive side. Bennett adds a complexion to the game that we simply haven't seen. DLS will not be able to simply send the cavalry and hope for the best. Not this time.

6. My final point- Reading through this thread, I have been reading about people boasting about how they are "national posters" and "know more than everyone else." I know this to be false because most of you have maybe watched a Folsom game here and there, and possibly even a few YouTube videos. I also know a majority of you are not officially affiliated with the DLS program and have not watched them play day in a day out. I would agree that there are "fans" on here of both teams, but the boasting is kind of ridiculous.

Bottom line- This game will be close. I see Folsom winning by 7-10 points. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way as well. We are just lucky this game is happening. It needed to happen.

I agree with your statement. I have attended a few workouts and practices on the Folsom side and can say they are ready. A few points I would like to make.

1. The Folsom line is bigger and faster this year. They will hold their own. Going off of last year's schedule, and even worse games from five years ago, is ludicrous. Even the returning vaunted skill players will be different this year.

2. They have been training in this crazy heat up here. I believe this will help them against DLS, since it will most likely by hot as hell during that game, even in Concord. DLS no doubt is also practicing in some heat, but not THIS heat!

3. I have seen some people infer that Richardson would not punt against DLS. I am not sure where this is coming from. They practice punting every day in practice and punted regularly last year. Why would they not punt against DLS? When they had Troy Taylor, they were much more likely to go for it on 4th down, but still punted then, although rarely. Folsom isn't that arrogant to not punt. They punted against Helix.

4. I see the same posters on this forum wanting to revert back to games that occurred 5 years ago, pointing out games where Folsom didn't dominate, to use that as their point as to why Folsom has zero shot of winning and should just cancel the bus to DLS. This is laughable. They will be there and have a GREAT shot of winning.

5. This is not Folsom's best team. 2014 was the best hands down. Although I WOULD agree that this is Folsom's best chance to compete and beat DLS, based on the match ups on both sides. Browning was great in 2014, but he was tailor made for the DLS pressure on the defensive side. Bennett adds a complexion to the game that we simply haven't seen. DLS will not be able to simply send the cavalry and hope for the best. Not this time.

6. My final point- Reading through this thread, I have been reading about people boasting about how they are "national posters" and "know more than everyone else." I know this to be false because most of you have maybe watched a Folsom game here and there, and possibly even a few YouTube videos. I also know a majority of you are not officially affiliated with the DLS program and have not watched them play day in a day out. I would agree that there are "fans" on here of both teams, but the boasting is kind of ridiculous.

Bottom line- This game will be close. I see Folsom winning by 7-10 points. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way as well. We are just lucky this game is happening. It needed to happen.
Really?
Point by point
1. Whatever
2. DLS may not have been practicing in that heat. But they have been in this heat and they will be playing in this heat. Again whatever.
3. What everyone is talking about is the last time they played Folsom did not punt. I hope this time they do punt in witch case your 7-10 point prediction that Folsom will win is bogus. And Helix is NO DLS.
4. The only thing I would say about five years ago is that they are the exact same types of teams. But that doesn’t mean it will be the same outcome.
5. I’ve seen a lot of posters say this Folsom team is the best collection of skill position players NorCal has ever had. This makes it sound like your making an excuse.
6. Where do I start? What does watching any Folsom game have to do with being a “national poster”. I will tell you I don’t always agree with them. But there are some of the most knowledgeable posters when it comes to HSFB that you will ever find right hear on this board.
Bottom line- This game may or may not be close. And it could go either way. And yes it needed to happen.

Really?
Point by point
1. Whatever
2. DLS may not have been practicing in that heat. But they have been in this heat and they will be playing in this heat. Again whatever.
3. What everyone is talking about is the last time they played Folsom did not punt. I hope this time they do punt in witch case your 7-10 point prediction that Folsom will win is bogus. And Helix is NO DLS.
4. The only thing I would say about five years ago is that they are the exact same types of teams. But that doesn’t mean it will be the same outcome.
5. I’ve seen a lot of posters say this Folsom team is the best collection of skill position players NorCal has ever had. This makes it sound like your making an excuse.
6. Where do I start? What does watching any Folsom game have to do with being a “national poster”. I will tell you I don’t always agree with them. But there are some of the most knowledgeable posters when it comes to HSFB that you will ever find right hear on this board.
Bottom line- This game may or may not be close. And it could go either way. And yes it needed to happen.
1.Helix has nothing to do with this game.
2. Sac High has nothing to do with this game.
3. The Seattle Seahawks super bowl 4 years ago has nothing to do with this game.

I stand by my prediction. Folsom just too much this year.

Folsom by 7-10.

1.Helix has nothing to do with this game.
2. Sac High has nothing to do with this game.
3. The Seattle Seahawks super bowl 4 years ago has nothing to do with this game.

I stand by my prediction. Folsom just too much this year.

Folsom by 7-10.
I had to delete my last post because I agreed with Envy way to much. But I’ll say this your prediction is fine. It’s the rest of your post that’s garbage.

It’d be highly entertaining to listen to “spartanzrule” go up to Lad, Eidson and Alumbaugh next week and say, “I just plunked down a grand in Vegas on the boys ‘cause you’re going to murder Folsom.”

Or perhaps, depending on his donor status, it’d be farcical.

Reactions: cashisking18
It’d be highly entertaining to listen to “spartanzrule” go up to Lad, Eidson and Alumbaugh next week and say, “I just plunked down a grand in Vegas on the boys ‘cause you’re going to murder Folsom.”

In an even bigger twist- @SpartanzRule, also known as "Blueliner" is actually a City of Folsom resident!

True story.

What is garbage?
For instance, you ask why wouldn’t they punt against dls? They didn’t last time they played. So what your saying is last time they were arrogant. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

You saying this is not there best team sounds like you already have your excuse ready to go.

Also what does being a national poster have to do with seeing even one Folsom game?

And what does Helix, Sac, or the Seahawks have to do with anything?

I hope your prediction is right. But the rest of what you said leads me to believe it’s probably wrong.

For instance, you ask why wouldn’t they punt against dls? They didn’t last time they played. So what your saying is last time they were arrogant. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
If you read further, I mentioned that this was usually their MO when Troy Taylor was there. This has not been the case, generally, with Richardson.

You saying this is not there best team sounds like you already have your excuse ready to go.
This is not the best Folsom team. Again, if you read all of what I said, I stated that this team had the best chance to beat DLS, based on the match ups, in my opinion. I would find it hard to believe you could find someone that would disagree. I don't give excuses.

Also what does being a national poster have to do with seeing even one Folsom game?
Nothing. It was an observation.

And what does Helix, Sac, or the Seahawks have to do with anything?
Nothing. But again, these teams that Folsom has played keep getting brought up, as a case for why Folsom will not win. Another observation. The Seattle Seahawks reference was a joke....Considering that games played 5 years ago, with different players and coaches, seem to be such an indicator for a game that will be played in August 2018. Get it?

I stand by my prediction. Folsom by 7-10.

Reactions: feedback1
If you read further, I mentioned that this was usually their MO when Troy Taylor was there. This has not been the case, generally, with Richardson.

This is not the best Folsom team. Again, if you read all of what I said, I stated that this team had the best chance to beat DLS, based on the match ups, in my opinion. I would find it hard to believe you could find someone that would disagree. I don't give excuses.

Nothing. It was an observation.

Nothing. But again, these teams that Folsom has played keep getting brought up, as a case for why Folsom will not win. Another observation. The Seattle Seahawks reference was a joke....Considering that games played 5 years ago, with different players and coaches, seem to be such an indicator for a game that will be played in August 2018. Get it?

I stand by my prediction. Folsom by 7-10.
Please don’t explain anymore. You just made it worse.
Believe me nobody loves your prediction more then me.

Cashisking18 makes some interesting points:

1. The Folsom OL and DL may be better, but no way they are near the level of DLS's in terms of conditioning, technique or strength.

2. Concord get very hot. Not much difference than the heat in Folsom.

3. Folsom still does not have the elite defensive players to stop DLS veer.

4. I find it hard to believe you would make the statement "I would not be shocked if it went the other way", and DLS won.

You need to realize that Folsom is the definite underdog coming into this game. You think DLS, who is traditionally a slow starting team, would have scheduled Folsom n the first game unless they felt they had a very good team this year, especially on defense..

This is an extremely dumb post and nonsensical post. What the hell are you babbling about anyways?

In an even bigger twist- @SpartanzRule, also known as "Blueliner" is actually a City of Folsom resident!

True story.

All very true! Not gonna lie, Folsom is fantastic. But I bleed green and silver. Always have since forever. Always will. ;)

...and since I play hockey and a defenseman, you can always find me on the blueline.

Last edited:
1. The Folsom OL and DL may be better, but no way they are near the level of DLS's in terms of conditioning, technique or strength.
100 percent false. If anyone has ever seen Folsom practice, especially this year, they would know how crazy this statement to be. When has ANY Folsom team ever tired at the end of any game, even the ones they lost? They are usually at their peak in the 4th quarter. Folsom, right now, is at that level, if not better. That is a fact.

Incorrect. It is 95 in Concord today. 104 in Folsom today. Small difference. Edge Folsom.

Based on what? Games in 2013 with different players? They have more than enough size and talent wise to more than hold their own, if not excel.

4. I find it hard to believe you would make the statement "I would not be shocked if it went the other way", and DLS won.
Why not? Both teams are ranked #1 and #2 in NorCal respectively. The gap isn't far either way you look at it. Most people would not be shocked to see Folsom win, no matter if they admit that or not. Likewise for DLE.

You need to realize that Folsom is the definite underdog coming into this game.
Folsom is ranked ahead of DLS in most polls and even some ranking systems. I would the betting line favors the home team, but I am still sticking with Folsom by 7-10. And if you give me ANY points, I am taking that bet to the bank!

Cashisking18 makes some interesting points:

You need to realize that Folsom is the definite underdog coming into this game. You think DLS, who is traditionally a slow starting team, would have scheduled Folsom n the first game unless they felt they had a very good team this year, especially on defense..

This just about covers it right here. Califbfan for the win!

The game time has changed to 9:00 pm start.
That was a joke. You just make it sound like the only chance DLS has is if they tell them it’s at 9:00.... show up at 7:00 and Folsom forfeits.

I think we have G61 back. The king of crazy Folsom fans.

So far your prediction is the only sensible thing you’ve (cashisking18) said and even that’s far fetched.

[QUOTE="SpartanzRule, post: 201801, member: 1118 - 3. DLS is going to murder Folsom THIS time as well. Damn I forgot the fourth thing...[/QUOTE]

Any semblance of objectivity is clouded by some far out green tinted vision.

But babble on. Freedom of speech Brett Kavanaugh.

[QUOTE="SpartanzRule, post: 201801, member: 1118 - 3. DLS is going to murder Folsom THIS time as well. Damn I forgot the fourth thing...

Any semblance of objectivity is clouded by some far out green tinted vision.

But babble on. Freedom of speech Brett Kavanaugh.[/QUOTE]

You need to stop smoking that green tinted vision.

“When has ANY Folsom team ever tired at the end of any game, even the ones they lost? They are usually at their peak in the 4th quarter. Folsom, right now, is at that level, if not better. That is a fact.”

Anybody who watched the second half of Folsom vs Helix saw a defense that wilted under the pounding of Helix running game.Thats why the second half was 28-21 Helix.If Folsom wants to win this game I hope they are in much better condition than last December because Helix run game isn’t the same as DLS run game

Folsom fan: Both teams are good. Either could win.

DLS fan: You are STUPID. I know you are stupid because you state it is a possibility that Folsom could win. Everyone knows that DLS cannot lose to a Norcal team. Especially Folsom. I have talked to a bunch of geniuses on the National Board and they agree with me. Two posters - PlayingWithMyself510 and Grn&Gld1130 - also think you are STUPID. So there.

Folsom fan: You are mis-evaluating the Folsom team. Folsom has good players up front and at the skill positions.

DLS fan: DLS line is superior in every way. They cannot be defeated. Especially by Folsom linemen - who are all weak and inferior.

Folsom fan: What about MD? And SJB? And BG? And East? And Trinity?

DLS fan: NONE of those are in Norcal. And Folsom is not on their level . . . . Except for the rankings. And the win-loss record. And the stats. And players receiving college scholarships. And the rare results vs. common opponents. Other than those things, CLEARLY Folsom is not on their level.

Folsom fan: Those are the only things that we can use to compare teams that did not actually play.

DLS fan: None of those things matter since my opinion rulz all. Just ask PlayingWithMyself510. But thanks for the input G61.

ImprobableKindlyChameleon-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT