ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: De La Salle vs. Mater Dei

The 2 best teams I ever saw, was DLS with MJD, and this year's MD team. I would give the edge to Mater dei however, because of their QB. This year's MD team has the #1 nationally ranked, according to various sites this past year, QB. #1 WR. #1. LB. But that's not the major reason, the major reason is what coach LAD used to call the backbone of any team, the offensive line. These guys have been together 3 or all 4 years. All have big offers. All have pushed around anyone and everyone. And have had no rival or close games really this season. St. Mary's, Bishop Gorman, Bosco, all handled up front. Adding to those players mentioned above. They can play speed game. Power game. And the QB at times doesn't even look at the sideline. He calls it all by himself and runs the offense. Something MJDs team would never do, as it was all scripted excellently by LAD and coaching staff. Those 2 teams cannot be duplicated. But those are the 2 greats of all time. Imo

Now you’re swinging back and forth between being the most talented team in the state and size in a league.

Never seen that stat before. Didn’t that team have a state championship track relay squad on the football team? That shows more talent than having some overweight reserve on Livermore that makes them larger than Sparty.

How did you quantify the relative size of those teams? All players from what was listed on MaxPreps? Starters? By height? Weight? The eye test? Who was the 2nd smallest team? Who was the smallest team in NCS last season? Break out some obscure stat 7 years later and state it as fact.

I remember it from seeing it

DLS has one linemen over 215# — Dylan Wynn who at 245# couldn’t get an offer to his #1 school (Nebraska) for lack of size despite being CA Defemsive POY, 3x all-stare, and about to be a 4-year Pac12 starter (OSU)

Don’t think DLS ever had the state champion relay team but the one you’re half-remembering that may have raced in finals was probably the year before with Teron Ward and Tyler Anderson — 2 kids that walked on to OSU and became their starting backfield. Teron even made the NFL after not having a D1 offer on signing day. I suppose that happens from time to time but fairly unusual for it to happen to the top player from the most famous program in country, especially when the same thing happened to his all-Pro older brother

Btw, the RB on the ‘10 team was 2nd in country in TDs and won MVP of CA SBGs but also didn’t get an offer — he’s currently a candidate for US Olympic 7s, but was 5’8” and of Japanese-American ancestry which didn’t help his appeal

DLS hasn’t lost in NorCal since ‘91 and I bet have lost 40-50 frosh/ JV games during that time. What is your take-away from that? Seems like evidence of NOT getting dominating talent but DO working harder than kids from Cal HS. Heck, bubba was in here awhile back complaining that the rest of the team wasn’t as committed as his kid (he said it more sensitively, but i’m Confident that was point). Kids attending DLS know upfront that there will be high standards and expectations — that’s a bigger advantage for DLS in being private than personnel.

The 2 best teams I ever saw, was DLS with MJD, and this year's MD team. I would give the edge to Mater dei however, because of their QB. This year's MD team has the #1 nationally ranked, according to various sites this past year, QB. #1 WR. #1. LB. But that's not the major reason, the major reason is what coach LAD used to call the backbone of any team, the offensive line. These guys have been together 3 or all 4 years. All have big offers. All have pushed around anyone and everyone. And have had no rival or close games really this season. St. Mary's, Bishop Gorman, Bosco, all handled up front. Adding to those players mentioned above. They can play speed game. Power game. And the QB at times doesn't even look at the sideline. He calls it all by himself and runs the offense. Something MJDs team would never do, as it was all scripted excellently by LAD and coaching staff. Those 2 teams cannot be duplicated. But those are the 2 greats of all time. Imo

Only thing I’ll disagree on is that very few DLS OL have ever received offers — they’re just too small (usually)

But, you are correct in that the OL is the heart and soul of the team — it’s usually the group that improves most from 1st to last game

The 2 best teams I ever saw, was DLS with MJD, and this year's MD team. I would give the edge to Mater dei however, because of their QB.

Just curious where you'd rank the 2013 SJB team with Rosen and Mama.

Prior to this current MD team, many had them as SoCal's best team ever (and some might still).

Just curious where you'd rank the 2013 SJB team with Rosen and Mama.

Prior to this current MD team, many had them as SoCal's best team ever (and some might still).

CalPreps has All-Time single season teams listed for CA and National:
1) 2017 Mater Dei (#1 National All Time)
2) 2013 St John Bosco (6)
3) 2016 St John Bosco (11)
4) 2015 DLS (12)
5) 2016 Mater Dei (13)
6) 2004 Mission Viejo (15)
7) 2015 Centennial (20)
8) 2014 DLS (23)
9) 2003 Westlake (24)
10) 2015 St. John Bosco (26)
11) 2017 St. John Bosco (29)
12) 2014 Folsom (30)
13) 2010 DLS (39)
14) 2012 DLS (55)
15) 2003 DLS (67)
24) 2017 Folsom (120)

4) 2015 DLS (12)
5) 2016 Mater Dei (13)
7) 2015 Centennial (20)
8) 2014 DLS (23)
9) 2003 Westlake (24)
12) 2014 Folsom (30)
13) 2010 DLS (39)
14) 2012 DLS (55)
15) 2003 DLS (67)
24) 2017 Folsom (120)

Pretty good list IMHO

I think CP grows their ratings every year so recent teams have advantage — the oldest team on list (‘03 DLS) probably undervalued and they were only Streak team in CP era (and the last of 6 straight MNC teams)

‘04 MV I think overvalued — they beat a DLS team that had 5 non-wins (3 losses and 2 ties) by 3

I think ‘08 CC missing from list also

The 2013 SJB team was very,very good,one of the best,but
a poster on the OC board happen to notice that the 2013 Bosco team only beat a 4-6 Loyola team that year by two TD's and beat DLS by 6 in the SBG while this year's MD team, well; you get the
picture.

This year's MD team has the #1 nationally ranked, according to various sites this past year, QB. #1 WR. #1. LB. But that's not the major reason, the major reason is what coach LAD used to call the backbone of any team, the offensive line. These guys have been together 3 or all 4 years. All have big offers.

https://n.rivals.com/search#?formVa...%22year%22:%7B%22order%22:%22desc%22%7D%7D%7D

You need to press the "Search" button but the 2018, 2019 graduating classes are ridiculous, and, like SOCAPREP1 mentioned, all four OL are graduating seniors and starred recruits. Bru McCoy was the other WR I saw during the DLS game that stood out. 6'3", 205, Anquan Boldin mold.

4) 2015 DLS (12)
5) 2016 Mater Dei (13)
7) 2015 Centennial (20)
8) 2014 DLS (23)
9) 2003 Westlake (24)
12) 2014 Folsom (30)
13) 2010 DLS (39)
14) 2012 DLS (55)
15) 2003 DLS (67)
24) 2017 Folsom (120)

#9 is a joke right? Not even a top 25 team. Hell 87’ Fohi would have physically punished that team. 98’ EG would have ran wild on them. Not much effort put into it.

Nelson Tennis must rollover in his grave to see a product he put so much effort into and was so good has just really fallen so far.

Reactions: ararar
#9 is a joke right? Not even a top 25 team. Hell 87’ Fohi would have physically punished that team. 98’ EG would have ran wild on them. Not much effort put into it.

Nelson Tennis must rollover in his grave to see a product he put so much effort into and was so good has just really fallen so far.

That team raised my eyebrows too but can’t say I’m familiar with them so couldn’t offer a contrary opinion

As to some of your other points, this list only goes back to ‘03 And also just missed All but one of late streak teams (glory would I’m sure like to include his own team along with ‘98 EG).

I remember it from seeing it.

OK, eye test, not exactly factual. Didn't think so.

As far as DLS sometimes losing frosh or JV games over the years, they do get a large number of really good athletes (to put it mildly), many of whom never play frosh or don't play JV, or like the present 14 YO frosh QB might get called up mid season. DLS doesn't place emphasis on winning at the lower levels near as much as they do varsity and it is more important that they get their players learning the veer and how the varsity team runs things than keeping their teams together for any lower division runs. Other teams may seek the opportunity to beat DLS or win a title on any level and sometimes they are successful at the lower levels.

Cal's 2010 team that played DLS as well as anyone the 4 years Sparty was in the EBAL, beat DLS in 2008 as sophomores. Of course, guys like Dylan Wynn & Blake Renaud weren't even on that DLS JV team and were already starting on varsity.

The current DLS roster on MP shows 4 frosh on varsity. I don't know if any of them played any frosh games this year, but it likely they will stay up on varsity and not play JV next season.

Reactions: 1315
That team raised my eyebrows too but can’t say I’m familiar with them so couldn’t offer a contrary opinion

As to some of your other points, this list only goes back to ‘03 And also just missed All but one of late streak teams (glory would I’m sure like to include his own team along with ‘98 EG).

So Cal Hi’s All Time lists starts in 03? Yeah I just read the title and thought that might have meant....well you know all time?

What a pathetic crybaby

Now that’s the dLS wannabe Dad we know showing his illustrious depth of eloquence.

Alternate definition of pathetic: Private school Dads who hop on the bandwagon of a perennial program their son(s) didn’t belong too. Pontificating like a wishful insider with 1,000s of posts.

I showed some of them to my neighbors Class of ‘34 Grizz...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4abiHdQpc

The 2013 SJB team was very,very good,one of the best,but
a poster on the OC board happen to notice that the 2013 Bosco team only beat a 4-6 Loyola team that year by two TD's and beat DLS by 6 in the SBG while this year's MD team, well; you get the
picture.

I can't speak to the Loyola game, but the DLS team SJB beat in 2013 was better than this current DLS team and not just by a little bit either. It's not a fair comparison.

IDK how well that Braves team would have fared against the Monarchs offense, but I'm fairly confident they could have ran up and down the field on their defense with McGrew and that massive offensive line. Also not sure there's a huge difference between JT Daniels and Josh Rosen either.

OK, eye test, not exactly factual. Didn't think so.

As far as DLS sometimes losing frosh or JV games over the years, they do get a large number of really good athletes (to put it mildly), many of whom never play frosh or don't play JV, or like the present 14 YO frosh QB might get called up mid season. DLS doesn't place emphasis on winning at the lower levels near as much as they do varsity and it is more important that they get their players learning the veer and how the varsity team runs things than keeping their teams together for any lower division runs. Other teams may seek the opportunity to beat DLS or win a title on any level and sometimes they are successful at the lower levels.

Cal's 2010 team that played DLS as well as anyone the 4 years Sparty was in the EBAL, beat DLS in 2008 as sophomores. Of course, guys like Dylan Wynn & Blake Renaud weren't even on that DLS JV team and were already starting on varsity.

The current DLS roster on MP shows 4 frosh on varsity. I don't know if any of them played any frosh games this year, but it likely they will stay up on varsity and not play JV next season.

Your response to 40-50 frosh/ soph losses is to say DLS pulls up their young players and we’re left to assume no one else does?

Brilliant

Maybe if DLS has better talent they wouldn’t need to pull up kids early and be notorious among top national teams for playing both ways

Fwiw, Boss Tagaloa was first DLS freshman on varsity ever

Now that’s the dLS wannabe Dad we know showing his illustrious depth of eloquence.

Alternate definition of pathetic: Private school Dads who hop on the bandwagon of a perennial program their son(s) didn’t belong too. Pontificating like a wishful insider with 1,000s of posts.

I showed some of them to my neighbors Class of ‘34 Grizz...

You’ve already replied to this quote and tattled to Streak

Can you please just Man Up?

Stop this

e1Fpw2A.gif

Your response to 40-50 frosh/ soph losses is to say DLS pulls up their young players and we’re left to assume no one else does?

Fwiw, Boss Tagaloa was first DLS freshman on varsity ever

You're not left to assume anything. I was just responding to your wanting a possible reason why DLS has lost some frosh and JV games. You came up with the 40-50 figure, but I suspect it was just pulled out of thin air like your DLS having the smallest team in the EBAL declaration. I've only seen a few DLS frosh and JV games and am certainly no expert, but gave you a specific example which you ignored. I never said DLS was the only team to have pulled kids up and I don't know how Boss Tagaloa figures into this at all, except maybe to show that he wasn't on a frosh or JV team that may have lost while he was playing up.

Better coach 'em up and get them to work harder for next season, so they can get back on top.

You're not left to assume anything. I was just responding to your wanting a possible reason why DLS has lost some frosh and JV games. You came up with the 40-50 figure, but I suspect it was just pulled out of thin air like your DLS having the smallest team in the EBAL declaration. I've only seen a few DLS frosh and JV games and am certainly no expert, but gave you a specific example which you ignored. I never said DLS was the only team to have pulled kids up and I don't know how Boss Tagaloa figures into this at all, except maybe to show that he wasn't on a frosh or JV team that may have lost while he was playing up.

Better coach 'em up and get them to work harder for next season, so they can get back on top.

Pretty sure it’s more than 40-50 and confident their state championship team in 2010 has the smallest lines in EBAL

You can try to prove me wrong on either count but FLS kids playing up is a lame deflection

I don’t coach or live in the area any longer — I just don’t like BS spewed about DLS and while DLS seems to be the exception to the rule in being a dominant local team that’s broadly respected, 1315 and you seem to have had at least a decade long obsession with lying and whining about them

Is it a lie posted by Renegades10 (dLS alum circa 2011) here on NCP v1.0 that two RBs attracted to dela as Sophomores- not freshmen- ultimately were the feature backs once on Varsity?

Once that is answered, back up your claim I’ve posted lies here.

Reactions: thekingera
Is it a lie posted by Renegades10 (dLS alum circa 2011) here on NCP v1.0 that two RBs attracted to dela as Sophomores- not freshmen- ultimately were the feature backs once on Varsity?

Once that is answered, back up your claim I’ve posted lies here.

Is that what you’d like to talk about? It’s not at all what we’ve been discussing.

I believe you’re referring to Pepe Vitale, who was a sophomore transfer. If memory serves, he actually started at DLS as a frosh but changed his mind before school started after a week or so of practice (so he was already accepted).

Have no idea who else you might be talking about

Is this what you’re taking exception being distinguished from MD and other socal super teams? SJB’13 allegedly had 30+ transfers. I don’t think MD has that many but they are more elite and better targeted.

DLS also had Khalil McKenzie as a junior for a year before he transferred to Clayton Valley. No one said DLS doesn’t take ANY transfers, but they are infrequent and almost always sophomores (Khalil was a cross-country relocation). In fact, because of DLS’s high standards off as much as in the field, DLS loses more football transfers than they get. Some examples since Pepe:

— Mister Marshall-cotton — his departure is how Pepe actually got in starting line-up (finished at Pittsburg) after he was sophomore all-state at DLS.
— was another RB around same time that I never knew, wanna say “Pico” but not sure. Vaguely remember him being all League in campo’s league (although maybe acalanes)
— Adarius Pickett, came to DLS as a frosh, following his older brother. This 4* current UCLA starter and NFL prospect but preferred the lack of discipline and competition at El Cerrito and apparently parents thought older brother ought to have done better than sac st
— Isaiah Randle was last year Monte Vista’s. Eat skill guy after transferring in after practices had started last year
—. McKenzie didn’t like summer camp rules, or rules of any kind, or coaching in general
—. Little Montana, who arrived as a frosh, transferred when he wasn’t starting as a junior and was immediately a highly nationally rated QB

No one said transfers never happen and i don’t remember you even talking about it. They’re very unusual at DLS and invariably sophomores

Enlighten me on what validation you think this bestows on yourself in your Fatal Attraction with DLS
9206f9186b6fa0ea8f978c38d9b4997e--s-costume-costume-ideas.jpg

Pretty sure it’s more than 40-50 and confident their state championship team in 2010 has the smallest lines in EBAL

You can try to prove me wrong on either count but FLS kids playing up is a lame deflection

I don’t coach or live in the area any longer — I just don’t like BS spewed about DLS and while DLS seems to be the exception to the rule in being a dominant local team that’s broadly respected, 1315 and you seem to have had at least a decade long obsession with lying and whining about them

I don’t need to prove you wrong. You came out of left field stating as fact something you can’t even quantify.

I’m not a hater. I respect the program and have good friends whose kids play there, but certain posters have been obnoxious to other teams over the years. The post that got you all riled up was pointing out that when the other team clearly has more talent, that you can’t always just work the kids more or do more coaching. It seems you now realize these teams in SoCal might be better regardless of what we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1315
I don’t need to prove you wrong. You came out of left field stating as fact something you can’t even quantify.

I’m not a hater. I respect the program and have good friends whose kids play there, but certain posters have been obnoxious to other teams over the years. The post that got you all riled up was pointing out that when the other team clearly has more talent, that you can’t always just work the kids more or do more coaching. It seems you now realize these teams in SoCal might be better regardless of what we do.

I couldn’t have stated it better.

I like to point out truths; there are some who can’t handle it. As far as “lies” I’ve posted, that’s conveniently ignored, again. I think the folks who’ve been on here as long as us know why. Put up or shut up. Simply copy and paste them here... we’ll SPOTLIGHT them!

And what’s this about me “tattling to Streak?” It’s not in my DNA...I get results baiting my own hook. Although I do think Streak could make some change with a side hustle as Les Grossman (in jest Strk.)
Trying to keep it light in spite of the vitriol being spewed...

Out of left field with something I can’t even quantify? Is the standard of evidence around here now greater than judicial proceedings? Should I have used mean or median weight for all the teams? Starters, subs?

Your point (and, for same reason your obfuscation about DLS improving on varsity because they disproportionally move kids up faster) is picking fly shit out of the pepper in order to defer and confuse.

And you know it

You’re referring to paul Johnson, not me. I still don’t think it’s analagous because the DLS kids are already working harder than the new socal superteams, but I will concede the analogy from your perspective

You are more closely associated with Cal, though, right? Am not sure what it is about Cal, but as I said in previous post, DLS is remarkably still broadly respected by local teams for the way they approach things, from not running up the score, to their commitmwnt, and to adhering fairly well to running with who shows up on campus as freshman, without either recruiting them and, especially, filling needs later. They don’t do that.

There is something about the 680 corridor that breeds the exceptions to this rule. I’m from Monte Vista area and they believe every athlete in every sport at DLS is on scholarship. “Otherwise, how come DLS can beat Johnny’s team?” Entitlement is a disease that’s not pretty. Maybe the Danville folks are more lurkers while San Ramon are posters, but there has been a consistent whine coming from Cal HS for at least 10 years. Bubba used to be the worst and he’s moved on I think (although I’m not here that often to be sure) but 1315 has for sue been most consistent — used to be more of Bubba’s toady though

The only thing I know about how hard Cal HS kids work is from Bubba who complained that there were too many that weren’t prepared to put the commitment in that his son was (this was a few years ago). Makes sense — as I said in a previous post, more than “roster talent”, DLS’s private advantage is having kids SELECT them that know that there are going to be high standards, particularly around competitive sports teams, particularly football. Cal kids didn’t make that commitment and therefore naturally, you’ll have a lower % buy-in to whatever the staff is trying to do. That’s why Cal beats DLS as frosh/ JV but never comes close on varsity.

I don’t begrudge MD or SJB their roster because they are playing by the rules defined in Socal. But, they aren’t the same rules we have here (or rather, they are the same, it the enforcement is entirely different). I hope DLS doesn’t follow even if rules were changed to more easily do so — I wouldn’t have wanted DLS to have (ie) Joe Mixon and Najee Harris on those athletic scholarships that don’t exist, unless they showed up as freshman — that’s a different story IMHO. No matter how talented you are, you will be a student first at DLS or you won’t be there. I was thrilled that DLS got McKemzie but in retrospect, he did more harm than good with a major PRIMA Donna attitude that Dylan Wynn and Blake are Aid would have rid him of if he’s showed up as a frosh (although there was still the helicopter Dad).

I don’t begrudge socal and DLS will be able to compete better from time to time, but they can’t close the gap through increasing their commitment (as paul advises Cal to do in response to historical whining). There’s not that much gap between current and perfect effort to make a difference. Even Cal HS Dad says there’s lots of opportunity at Cal

Oh Lordy; someone needs a break from his morning Joe.

Poppy’s “consistent whine”= publics pointing out facts....simple as that.

If you dare, one would find on ncp accolades sent dela’s way by me. But Poppy would try to convince y’all we are “haters.” It’s a convenient, and lazy, method to detract from the truths. Sorta reminds me of a self absorbed guy using tweets to distort and distract. That works rather well for the minions with double digit IQs.

As far as “commitment” who is Poppy to objectify what other programs, or especially other players possess. He is neither informed, nor able to present his qualifications to enable ANY objective analysis. Your opinion of who works hard and does not is not only unimportant to ncp, it’s not exclusive to your school. B3k speaks for his sons years, not mine (or O22s.)

“And that’s why Cal ...never comes close on Varsity.” What a droll! (and why DLSPop1314 cannot be trusted on this site.) He keeps posting and posting with some deep seated insecurities, especially when the facts are not so rosy, about how great everything dela is, and then pops off saying ‘keep whining Cal guys, dela crushes.’

A) ‘08. Knowles rips a 40 yarder with 3:30 to go. Dela W by 7.

B) ‘10. Onside kick game. Cal scores 3:00 to go on Sarmenta’s amazing catch, down 6. Cal gets the onside at delas 35. Wait flag. Seeing Eidson hustle out of there you would have seen his look of “we just dodged a 20 year bullet.”

But here we are. Poppy will probably even make excuses for that stud player who was living with a coach. What?!

Before I forget, after your long winded deflection, where’s your evidence of the lies I have posted. Repeat: put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
I have nothing but admiration for programs like DLS. Regardless of whatever anyone thinks happens there they have had an unequaled period of success, taken on all comers, and just done their thing. I've done a couple of 7v7 vs. DLS and have had no issues with them, their sportsmanship, or anything else. Just another darn good team. They will lose, someday, to a NorCal team. Maybe next year if they play Folsom, or Pittsburgh, or Serra, or maybe not for another 5 years, who knows. But the fact is that eventually there will be sufficient tiny changes in the coaching, the demographics, the players, the administration, that they will lose. You may be seeing that now with Alumbaugh - he's not Ladouceur and eventually the teams will decline/improve as will Folsom. As Grant. As every other team. And when that happens I will be saddened at the loss of DLS as the pinnacle of excellence.

I watched the game and DLS was out manned, out gunned, and out quicked. MD was perhaps the best team I have seen in CA. Comparing to the rest of the country is beyond my poor abilities. But they were damn good. So DLS lost to the national champion (http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2017), who has the Gatorade national player of the year (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-player-of-the-year-jt-daniels-300573463.html) and everybody is dogging them. MD was a better team. That ranking has Folsom at 12 and DLS at 23.

And some thoughts on transfers - http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-school-transfers-sondheimer-20171216-story.html

Last edited:
Reactions: thekingera
Before I forget, after your long winded deflection, where’s you evidence of the lies I have posted. Repeat: put up or shut up.

LOL

Review:
— I said DLS had smallest lines in EBAL in 2010 and was asked to provide height and weight of every team
— I said DLS kids have greater commitment (on average) and gave testimony from Cal HS guy and am told that he doesn’t speak for all Cal HS guys
— I had no idea where observer is from but just speculated Cal HS based on the reaching allegations and, guess what? Bingo!
— to support his allegation that DLS takes upper class transfers, observer brings up a guy 30 years ago whose mother and coach steered him to DLS on their own for his benefit — you most likely wouldn’t have heard of Aaron Taylor if he didn’t mKe that move which placed him on a much better path than he was on

You guys sound like the other Sanchez school in LV that defends shunning pregame handshakes and throwing Hail Marys into end zones at ends of games they’re up 5 TDs because they were disrespected by some volleyball players by pointing out that DLS briefly scuffled wth Monte Vista in a 1987 game

I’m good with my hand now

Broken record: you tell the world I lied and now three posts where you cannot put up. What’s all this baloney about Sanchez, Gorman. Why do you insist on deflecting? Do us and yourself a favor and climb down from your apologist high horse.

I cannot speak for O22, but yeah, one of my guys was on the OO field in ‘11 when Lad called a timeout on the Grizz 30 after a first down, up by 21, WITH 2:00 LEFT IN THE GAME.
No, Cal had burned it’s timeouts. Three knees game over, right? Two running plays, stopped. ONE knee later, and time expires. Nice Win coach on Senior night. I don’t give a hoot what message he was sending to his team, he fully disrespected the players who’d finally given his starters a full game, a rarity during the 08-11 EBAL games.

Whatever message intended to deliver to HIS squad was at the expense of some of the toughest opponents and closest games that program dealt sparty. People were livid at the stunt.
And mine absolutely stood in the shake line, despite the antics.

Now, my alleged lies he who speaks of justice (LOL.) Put your money where your mouth is. Now either put up or...you know the drill.

Last edited:
Broken record: you tell the world I lied and now three posts where you cannot put up. What’s all this baloney about Sanchez, Gorman. Why do you insist on deflecting? Do us and yourself a favor and climb down from your apologist high horse.

I cannot speak for O22, but yeah, one of my guys was on the OO field in ‘11 when Lad called a timeout on the Grizz 30 after a first down, up by 21, WITH 2:00 LEFT IN THE GAME.
No, Cal had burned it’s timeouts. Three knees game over, right? Two running plays, stopped. ONE knee later, and time expires. Nice Win coach on Senior night. I don’t give a hoot what message he was sending to his team, he fully disrespected the players who’d finally given his starters a full game, a rarity during the 08-11 EBAL games.

Whatever message intended to deliver to HIS squad was at the expense of some of the toughest opponents and closest games that program dealt sparty. People were livid at the stunt.
And mine absolutely stood in the shake line, despite the antics.

Now, my alleged lies he who speaks of justice (LOL.) Put your money where your mouth is. Now either put up or...you know the drill.

It’s hard to keep up with whatever point you’re trying to make

Are you attacking Lad now?

Good luck with that

Why don’t you go after John Wooden next — that dirtbag could have pulled the starters against Oregon State in ‘69 way earlier than he did

If he wasn’t already a paragon of virtue, he was portrayed by the same guy who played Jesus Christ

Fwiw, I was also at that game and had zero recall of the alleged travesty of humanity, but someone (and I believe it might even have been observer) chimes in that their understanding was that Lad and Bilecci had discussed this situation before the game, the situation being to give a couple of kids that busted their ass for 4 years a moment in the sun. The great humiliation appears to be that time out was called to organize their participation before, as you said, running play, running play, victory formation from your 30.

Against a former player and assistant?

Within a couple of years of taking multiple knees inside the opponents 10 with plenty of time to score up 28-14 (in both cases). S Crenshaw in SBG and BG In a grudge OOS game?

I believe that’s quite a reach and you may even be on an island from your CHS buddies if my memory is correct

If you have something real you’d like to discuss, fire away, but seems that you’re just throwing shit against the wall

I’m not talking about Crenshaw/SBG etc. why offer that? Deflection.

Oh please...a saint? Very good coach, sure. Joe Paterno was an awesome coach too.

Okay, now for the fourth time, you are choosing not to back your claim on this thread I’ve previously lied. Nice try. You also claim something about a complaint by ME to Streak. Now you’re just reaching.

Tell us why you’re so obsessed, which is rather appropriate, as your kids didn’t even pad up. Help us understand your pain.

Happy Holidays

Last edited:
I never stated anything about a prearranged plan for that game. That is a ludicrous thought. DLS was held to their lowest point total of the season, and even though they were up 24-3, they wanted one more score. Houston was still in and throwing the ball prior to the final few plays against the Grizz backups. They wanted another TD, but it didn’t happen.

I’ve got nothing against Lad. He’s a nice man, shops at the same grocery stores I do and has always been pleasant in my discussions with him. I’m sure he would admit to trying to squeeze in 1 more TD that game, something that certain posters claim that DLS is above and would never do.

And what Bubba was saying about other Cal kids not wanting to work, I believe he was referring to the kids who decided not to play football for the Grizz, and one reason why the numbers were down, not ripping on his teammates.

Tell us why you’re so obsessed, which is rather appropriate, as your kids didn’t even pad up. Help us understand your pain.

Why do you keep taking shots at my kids? You’ve done so in dozens of posts over time and about four times in this thread.

FwIw, either of my boys can kick the shit out of yours (and, no I don’t know who your kid is, but “Cal Hs” is enough info for me to be speak with knowing confidence). They won 11 NCS championships between them (or 11 more than yours) in a tougher combat sport than football (says everyone ever that’s done both). I couldn’t be more proud of them. There’s no need to get into this sort of immature tit for tat so stop being a jackass.

QUOTE="DLSPop1314, post: 186654, member: 1078
FwIw, either of my boys can kick the shit out of yours (and, no I don’t know who your kid is, but “Cal Hs” is enough info for me to be speak with knowing confidence).

Wow. More crazy talk. Just like stating I’ve lied on NCP. Crazy talk. Just like saying I “tattled to Streak” @ post #177 above. Are you freaking kidding? Crazy talk.

There is no reasoning with such antics. Defending your school, as I do mine, with FACTS, is what makes NCP forums a diversionary entertainment delight.

Crazy posts. Meh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT