ADVERTISEMENT

New WCAL format ??

HSfan82

Sports Fanatic
Dec 10, 2013
As season starts I got idea for new league which is expansion of WCAL....

NORTH
SI
SHC
Riordan
Marin Catholic
Bishop O'Dowd

SOUTH
Serra
Bellarmine
St Francis
Mitty
VC

Play everybody on your side and 2 for other side to make 6 league games and allows for 4 non conference... would it matter if two teams still part of NCS, whats the difference??

s

Geographically it works but I’m sure that the members of the proposed South division would not be thrilled with the five best WCAL teams thrown in one division. Can you imagine the joy between IrishCheers, Jordan24 and Iamgearyblvd finally battling for third place. We could start WCALNorthPreps and cut this board’s traffic in half.

Geographically it works but I’m sure that the members of the proposed South division would not be thrilled with the five best WCAL teams thrown in one division. Can you imagine the joy between IrishCheers, Jordan24 and Iamgearyblvd finally battling for third place. We could start WCALNorthPreps and cut this board’s traffic in half.
Ouch! Lol!

One huge problem: Any proposed new papal alignment would involve all sports, for both boys and girls. Therefore, it's a no-go right from the outset. Sorry about that.

One huge problem: Any proposed new papal alignment would involve all sports, for both boys and girls. Therefore, it's a no-go right from the outset. Sorry about that.
Why not football only?? Cardinal Newman and DLS.. sure make it a Super League!! I know its just a pipe dream but isnt that what this board is about??

sounds great but would only have a chance for football and what section do u put the NCS teams in?

I am not sure why it would effect other ply. Sports within the WCAL.

I don't see MC or BOD agreeing because it would limit their potential to move forward in their sectional play offs...but great idea!!!!!

Bring back the original California Catholic Athletic League: Serra, St. Anselm, St. Vincent, St. Mary's-Berzerkley, St. Mary's-Stockton, St. Elizabeth. Bellarmine usually wanted no part of the CCAL back in the day.

Reactions: observer22
Because it would become pointless.

Then what is the point of DLS being in any league? If you are creating a super league made up of all private schools, then DLS belongs. To say we’ll take all the privates but not DLS because they might win, so we’ll let them stay with the public schools is also pointless.

Reactions: RLS13
Then what is the point of DLS being in any league? If you are creating a super league made up of all private schools, then DLS belongs. To say we’ll take all the privates but not DLS because they might win, so we’ll let them stay with the public schools is also pointless.

De La Salle fits into a national category if you want this thing to be competitive. I'm a CCS guy and will say that there isn't a team in the section that could give De La Salle a minute's trouble. Better yet, I think their toughest opponent wouldn't even be in the WCAL but rather the PAL - Bay and right now that is Menlo-Atherton. Sure, it's a revolving door with the Bay Division but the Bay has never failed to win the Open since it's gone to that format.

De La Salle fits into a national category if you want this thing to be competitive. I'm a CCS guy and will say that there isn't a team in the section that could give De La Salle a minute's trouble. Better yet, I think their toughest opponent wouldn't even be in the WCAL but rather the PAL - Bay and right now that is Menlo-Atherton. Sure, it's a revolving door with the Bay Division but the Bay has never failed to win the Open since it's gone to that format.

When was the last time a PAL Bay Division football team won the CCS Open Division playoffs?

When was the last time a PAL Bay Division football team won the CCS Open Division playoffs?

I stand corrected.

2016 when Menlo-Atherton shut out Milpitas.

Prior to that it was 2014 when Sacred Heart Prep defeated Bellarmine 14-0.

Still, the Bay division continues to prove they're not afraid of the almighty WCAL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT