AV 6-3; 5-2; Bye & FH
Cal 5-3; 4-2; Dub & MV
MV 4-4; 3-3; SRV & Cal
Granada 3-3; 1-3; DV & Liv
Livermore 3-5; 1-5; FH & Gra
Dublin 3-5; 1-5; Cal & DV
DV 1-7; 0-6; Gra & Dub

Last edited:
In the past, Maxpreps. has had a number of teams with as many as only six to eight games...?? I rhink that some of the reporters don't show up, leaving maxpreps. highand dry.
Max Preps doesn’t send reporters. Reliance is on coaches/stat keepers to login and send in the data. I recall one season ending game where the very precise stat Dad was directed not to send in his final game data as they reflected good player performances whilst questionable coach calls were pivotal factors in the L.

EBAL standings as of 10/21:

Overall; League; Games remaining

SRV 8-0; 7-0; MV & DLS
Foothill 5-3; 5-1; Liv & AV
AV 6-3; 5-2; Bye & FH
Cal 5-3; 4-2; Dub & MV
MV 4-4; 3-3; SRV & Cal
Granada 3-3; 1-3; DV & Liv
Livermore 3-5; 1-5; FH & Gra
Dublin 3-5; 1-5; Cal & DV
DV 1-7; 0-6; Gra & Dub

Granada is 4-4, 2-4. Should finish 6-4 with a high D2 seeding. Not a whole lot of winning records in D2 right now. I wonder how many will qualify for the playoffs?

EBAL games this week:

Fri 10/27 Granada at Dougherty Valley
projection: Granada 41-12

Fri 10/27 California at Dublin
projection: California 31-17

Fri 10/27 Livermore at Foothill
projection: Foothill 31-6

Fri 10/27 Monte Vista at San Ramon Valley
projection: San Ramon Valley 46-7

Amador Valley Bye

EBAL Scores

Fri 10/27 Granada at Dougherty Valley
projection: Granada 41-12
Granada wins 52-7

Fri 10/27 California at Dublin
projection: California 31-17
Cal wins 38-20

Fri 10/27 Livermore at Foothill
projection: Foothill 31-6
Foothill 58-14

Fri 10/27 Monte Vista at San Ramon Valley
projection: San Ramon Valley 46-7
SRV wins 42-10

Amador Valley Bye

Foothill can make a run in Division I. Putting up some big scores after the loss to SRV

Foothill can make a run in Division I. Putting up some big scores after the loss to SRV

Nobody ever seems to have the balls to question Sweeney but Billeci is fair game. The Falcons were throwing the ball deep last night late in the second quarter against a hapless D2 Livermore taking a 51-0 lead into halftime. The only team in EBAL that can make a deep run in NCS is SRV. Neither Cal or Foothill can beat Freedom.

Reactions: observer22
That I didn't know and if true is uncalled for by Foothill.

I assume Freedom, DLS, Pitt and SRV will be in the open division so that opens up D1

That I didn't know and if true is uncalled for by Foothill.

I assume Freedom, DLS, Pitt and SRV will be in the open division so that opens up D1

Antioch may be seeded higher than Foothill in D1, based on their beating San Leandro after San Leandro beat Foothill in week 1. Head to head seems to carry a lot of weight with the NCS seeding committee. Liberty beat Antioch, and Foothill beat Cal who beat AV.

So a quick look at D1 indicates the top 8 might go something like this:

1) CVC
2) Liberty
3) Antioch
4) SL
5) Foothill
6) Cal
7) AV
8) Heritage

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to seeding but who could win the bracket.

Going to be wide open in D1

The only Foothill game I saw was against Cal and although the Falcons are better than the Grizzlies this year, I wasn’t that impressed. Wooldridge looked good throwing the ball but their running game wasn’t impressive and neither were their trench monsters

I realize that, just thought I’d take a quick stab at seeding. A lot could change based on the final week’s games though.

Nobody ever seems to have the balls to question Sweeney but Billeci is fair game. The Falcons were throwing the ball deep last night late in the second quarter against a hapless D2 Livermore taking a 51-0 lead into halftime. The only team in EBAL that can make a deep run in NCS is SRV. Neither Cal or Foothill can beat Freedom.
Sweeney’s no saint for sure. And Cal’s play calling the last nine years has never produced that kind of first half lead, not even against the Cowboys. With the same logic since FHS runs spread, why doesn’t the prolific veer team abandon that once up 4-5 scores and purely throw with a running clock? Nobody seems to call them out. FWIW, Livermore won the second half 14-7.

Sweeney’s no saint for sure. And Cal’s play calling the last nine years has never produced that kind of first half lead, not even against the Cowboys. With the same logic since FHS runs spread, why doesn’t the prolific veer team abandon that once up 4-5 scores and purely throw with a running clock? Nobody seems to call them out. FWIW, Livermore won the second half 14-7.

Billeci has had plenty of chances to run it up against some DV and Dublin teams but never took the opportunity. It’s not hard to not score in any system you just keep playing your worse and worse players

EBAL standings as of 10/28:

Overall; League; Game remaining

SRV 9-0; 8-0; DLS
Foothill 6-3; 6-1; AV
Cal 6-3; 5-2; MV
AV 6-3; 5-2; FH
Granada 5-4; 3-4; Liv
MV 4-5; 3-4; Cal
Dublin 3-6; 1-6; DV
Livermore 3-6; 1-6; Gra
DV 1-8; 0-7; Dub

Billeci has had plenty of chances to run it up against some DV and Dublin teams but never took the opportunity. It’s not hard to not score in any system you just keep playing your worse and worse players
Being that the Gaels and Dublin are essentially a lower version of Washington and somewhat equal to Livermore, there'd be little reason to. Plus, Cal's current HC needs another decade before he can join the annals of EBAL history makers like Sweeney, Kravitz, Bergman and Sira; i.e. license for payback.

Last edited:
Being that the Gaels and Dublin are essentially a lower version of Washington and somewhat equal to Livermore, there'd be little reason to. Plus, Cal's current HC needs another decade before he can join the annals of EBAL history makers like Sweeney, Kravitz, Bergman and Sira; i.e. license for payback.

To me you’re simply putting deodorant on the fact Sweeney needlessly ran it up on D2 Livermore.

Some people like Billeci and some people don't. He inheriting a solid program that was built by Tony Sanchez and to his credit has kept the train rolling. He's been at the helm of a winning program for years, despite the fact he loses so much skill position talent to other schools every single year. Bergman and Sweeney are great coaches but I sometimes wonder what their success would be if they were losing transfer talent rather than obtaining it, especially Sweeney? IMO Billeci's biggest attribute is how he coaches accountability, team concept and togetherness among his troops. His weakness is his old school attitudes that don't always sit well with today's politically correct parents and players. He also puts little effort into helping get his premium players recruited to the next level. On the flip side Bergman IMO is the best when it comes to helping kids get recruited.

Some people like Billeci and some people don't. He inheriting a solid program that was built by Tony Sanchez and to his credit has kept the train rolling. He's been at the helm of a winning program for years, despite the fact he loses so much skill position talent to other schools every single year. Bergman and Sweeney are great coaches but I sometimes wonder what their success would be if they were losing transfer talent rather than obtaining it, especially Sweeney? IMO Billeci's biggest attribute is how he coaches accountability, team concept and togetherness among his troops. His weakness is his old school attitudes that don't always sit well with today's politically correct parents and players. He also puts little effort into helping get his premium players recruited to the next level. On the flip side Bergman IMO is the best when it comes to helping kids get recruited.

Bergman is no longer the head coach at MV and I’ve heard he hasn’t remained as involved as say Lad at DLS when he “stepped down”. Plus his kid is now on the JV team at Cal.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Bergman is no longer the head coach at MV and I’ve heard he hasn’t remained as involved as say Lad at DLS when he “stepped down”. Plus his kid is now on the JV team at Cal.

I know Observer but Bergman's legacy will live on for generations to come. I have nothing but respect for him.

Cal’s done well and that’s great for the families. As much a testament to kids working hard and numbers from unrecruitable kids as anything else.

Running up the score? Not a good look. Not sugar coating that (but I doubt anybody here is privy to any back story.)
A coach suspension is not a measure of accountability I’d correlate with.

Cal’s done well and that’s great for the families. As much a testament to kids working hard and numbers from unrecruitable kids as anything else.

Running up the score? Not a good look. Not sugar coating that (but I doubt anybody here is privy to any back story.)
A coach suspension is not a measure of accountability I’d correlate with.

My point was if folks want to bag on Billeci for a suspension then the great Sweeney is not bullet proof when he runs up the score.

That’s why I stated “not a good look.”
I hope Cal (like SRV last year) can get back to competing for the prize he was hired for: a boundary public ending the NorCal streak.

In the meantime, protect the integrity and history of effort; heck at least try to nurse it like a warm burrito-he’ll get that. Saddle up.

It looks like 15 teams qualified for the playoffs or will go no matter what. NCS changed the format this year for the games that were cancelled. Everyone can go if they would like.

Clayton Valley or Freedom will be the heavy favorite to win D1. 2-7 there is a lot of parity. 8-15 lucky to be in the playoffs. No chance of winning in my estimation . If you look at the scores 1-7 has beat

EBAL standings as of 10/28:

Overall; League; Game remaining

SRV 9-0; 8-0; DLS
Foothill 6-3; 6-1; AV
Cal 6-3; 5-2; MV
AV 6-3; 5-2; FH
Granada 5-4; 3-4; Liv
MV 4-5; 3-4; Cal
Dublin 3-6; 1-6; DV
Livermore 3-6; 1-6; Gra
DV 1-8; 0-7; Dub

EBAL games this rivalry weekend:

California at Monte Vista
[projection: California 27-19]

Dougherty Valley at Dublin

[projection: Dublin 42-14]

Amador Valley at Foothill

[projection: Foothill 21-12]

Granada at Livermore

[projection: Granada 28-14]

NON-LEAGUE
San Ramon Valley at De La Salle
[projection: De La Salle 38-24]

EBAL games this rivalry weekend:

California at Monte Vista
[projection: California 27-19]
Cal 27 - MV 24

Dougherty Valley at Dublin

[projection: Dublin 42-14]
Dublin 42 - DV 7

Amador Valley at Foothill

[projection: Foothill 21-12]
Foothill - 40 - 7

Granada at Livermore

[projection: Granada 28-14]
Granada - 33-7

NON-LEAGUE
San Ramon Valley at De La Salle
[projection: De La Salle 38-24]
DLS 49 - 14

Last edited:
Final EBAL Standings 2017

SRV 8-0
Foothill 7-1
Cal 6-2
AV 5-3
Granada 4-4
MV 3-5
Dublin 2-6
Livermore 1-7
DV 0-8

EBAL Playoff action this weekend has 7 of the 9 teams playing. Dougherty Valley at 1-9 didn't bother to apply and SRV is playing next week in the Open Division. 5 of the 7 EBAL squads are favorites, with Dublin (vs. EBAL foe Cal) and MV the only underdogs. The 2 EBAL-BVAL matchups with DV-AV and MV-Heritage promise to be the most even contests.

NCS Division 1:

Sat 11/11 Logan (12) at Foothill (5), 7:00pm
projection: Foothill 40-8

Fri 11/10 Dublin (11) at California (6), 7:00pm
projection: California 35-17

Fri 11/10 Deer Valley (10) at Amador Valley (7), 7:00pm
projection: Amador Valley 22-14

Fri 11/10 Monte Vista (9) at Heritage (8), 7:00pm
projection: Heritage 31-22

NCS Division 2:

Fri 11/10 Alameda (13) at Livermore (4), 7:00pm
projection: Livermore 35-14

Sat 11/11 Redwood (15) at Granada (2), 7:00pm
projection: Granada 42-7

EBAL Results - Playoffs 1st Round

The only real EBAL upset this week was the Dublin Gaels and coach Matt Hoefs getting payback for their 38-20 loss at home to the Grizz 2 weeks earlier by stunning Cal on the road 27-19. The EBAL won 5 of the 6 games this week, although the Dublin-Cal game had to have an EBAL winner and loser. With SRV in the Open next week, there are still 6 EBAL teams alive heading into Round 2 action.

NCS Division 1:

Sat 11/11 Logan (12) at Foothill (5), 7:00pm
projection: Foothill 40-8
Falcons soar 40-7

Fri 11/10 Dublin (11) at California (6), 7:00pm
projection: California 35-17
Dublin pulled off the upset 27-19

Fri 11/10 Deer Valley (10) at Amador Valley (7), 7:00pm
projection: Amador Valley 22-14
Dons roll on 26-13

Fri 11/10 Monte Vista (9) at Heritage (8), 7:00pm
projection: Heritage 31-22
Patriots deflate Stangs 38-17

NCS Division 2:

Fri 11/10 Alameda (13) at Livermore (4), 7:00pm
projection: Livermore 35-14
Cowboys ride on 40-20

Sat 11/11 Redwood (15) at Granada (2), 7:00pm
projection: Granada 42-7
Mats Slay Giants 42-0 - Bad year for all teams named Giants ;)

Reactions: 1315
http://www.prep2prep.com/feature.aspx?ArticleID=21812

Strange that the Cal transfer to Foothill got the nod at QB even though Baker at 9-1 SRV crushed him in TDS 29-14, Yards 1900+-1500+ and completion percentage 71-63. Even if factoring in the missed two games it’s just odd. Is it because he has the Fresno State offer? Horse trading?

No question Fresno is a nice offer. But does that outweigh a superior season by someone who may not be on a hype trip?

Strange that the Cal transfer to Foothill got the nod at QB even though Baker at 9-1 SRV crushed him in TDS 29-14, Yards 1900+-1500+ and completion percentage 71-63. Even if factoring in the missed two games it’s just odd. Is it because he has the Fresno State offer? Horse trading?

No question Fresno is a nice offer. But does that outweigh a superior season by someone who may not be on a hype trip?

I agree 100% me thinks Sweeney carries a lot of weight in regard to horse trading, maybe even a few tears. Over the years Foothill players have gotten more accolades than deserved, IMO.

That is a head scratcher. And the D1 QB didn’t have to face the SRV defense. Another oddity is that DLS players don’t seem to dominate the selections this year. They’ve got their share for sure, but not what we’ve seen in the past.

That is a head scratcher. And the D1 QB didn’t have to face the SRV defense. Another oddity is that DLS players don’t seem to dominate the selections this year. They’ve got their share for sure, but not what we’ve seen in the past.

IMO Baker is more deserving of MVP. The Baker boys never seem to get full credit for their abilities.

EBAL Playoff action this weekend has 6 EBAL teams still alive in 3 divisions. Only Granada in Division 2 is favored to move on, according to the CalPreps projections. Can the EBAL pull off a couple of upsets? The best bets for the upsets have to be Foothill getting revenge on SL and Livermore beating Windsor.

NCS Open Division:

Sat 11/18 San Ramon Valley at Pittsburg, 7:00pm
projection: Pittsburg 34-27

NCS Division 1:

Fri 11/17 Amador Valley at Freedom, 7:00pm
projection: Freedom 35-12

Sat 11/18 Dublin at Antioch, 7:00pm
projection: Antioch 35-14

Sat 11/18 San Leandro vs Foothill at Burrell Field (SL), 7:00pm
projection: San Leandro 34-28

NCS Division 2:

Sat 11/18 Windsor at Livermore, 7:00pm
projection: Windsor 21-20

Fri 11/17 Casa Grande at Granada, 7:00pm
projection: Granada 38-14

Friday EBAL scores. Both games went as expected.

NCS Division 1:

Freedom wins 38-20

NCS Division 2:

Fri 11/17 Casa Grande at Granada, 7:00pm
projection: Granada 38-14
Granada wins 56-28

EBAL games 11/17 & 11/18
No upsets this week, as Granada was the only EBAL team favored this week, and the only team to move on. Aside from DLS, but they are only an EBAL team in football in terms of playing some EBAL teams, getting the NCS league champ designation and automatic berth, and getting all league honors.

NCS Open Division:

Sat 11/18 San Ramon Valley at Pittsburg, 7:00pm
projection: Pittsburg 34-27
Pitt wins defensive battle 16-7

NCS Division 1:

Freedom wins 38-20.

Sat 11/18 Dublin at Antioch, 7:00pm
projection: Antioch 35-14
Antioch rolls 41-20

Sat 11/18 San Leandro vs Foothill at Burrell Field (SL), 7:00pm