ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom #1 team in the state!

GET'EM "G"!!!! I LOVE IT BABY.....
roll.r191677.gif

Ok nascar, while I do agree that DLS is still the top dog, I know Folsom is much improved this year and would/ve made it a much better overall game that the past couple of years.

I was pulling for DLS and all of the other norcal teams to win the SBG's this year. 2 from ncs (Bay Area) and 2 from the SJS. Way to go norcal.

Congrats Jimmy- You have gone to racist comments a little over a week ago to anti-catholic! You have zero credibility. What's next?

I think DLS would have more than an edge on Folsom. Still see something like 52-28 if they played this year. Tagaloa and Asiasi would still run thru the Folsom OL, and we know that on the rare occasions when Browning is pressured (like when playing DLS), he is not as effective.

Originally posted by G61:

It is hard to say because Folsom did not play DLS or CC this year. It terms of speed, the only team they played that had good/great speed was Grant.

Go watch the Grant/Folsom tape. Grant had MUCH superior speed on the corners. And, STILL Folsom receivers WIDE OPEN! You can't just look at a tape of two teams (DLS and CC) and say, "wow, look at that speed! Folsom couldn't handle that!) That is not a fair assessment. Speed or no speed, nobody execute on offense like Folsom. They run a pro style offense that most teams cannot defend.

Look at DLS! They are still running a 1950's offense with a quarterback who can't throw 10 yards! C'mon mannnn!
happy.r191677.gif
Sorry G61- Watched my Patterson boys play Grant in what was supposed to be a Grant blowout and while Patterson was never a threat to win they still gave a game. Down only 21-15 in the 3rd quarter and losing by a score of 42-23. I was not overly impressed with Grant as a whole in comparison to DLS, so I still think what DLS would bring to the table would be a different problem for Folsom. Sorry still see a DLS victory albeit a closer one than years past, but still believe DLS would pull it out. Too bad we wont ever get to see it

JimmyZr1. Pls don't curse. It makes you look ghetto and shines a bad light on Folsom posters on here that really do follow and support the kids and there program. Who knows who you are.

Hey G61, Please comment on the "Folsom Rule" which led to the cancellation of the Regional Bowl Game vs. DLS and created this current playoff scenario. What is your take on why the CIF did not want Folsom playing DLS for a third straight year and having no shot at a State Title.

The rule is known as the "DLS rule." It allowed DLS to duck Folsom when the DLS has a legitimate chance of losing. Funny how that happened. Folsom came calling earlier in the season. DLS didn't even call them back!

Dude, is your handle a lucky Bingo number on your normal Friday night socials?

Be content with your D1 Championship. You don't hear the FCS champs bering their chest to say they can beat the FBS champ. Nor Cal Football was outstanding this year!

I'm enjoying all this G-crap. But we all know what really happened... Well, if you didn't, here is the real story.

SJS commissioner Garrison and SJS former commissioner Saco were together celebrating the running clock victory of Folsom over Oceanside. They are sitting together in Garrison's den drinking the last of their beers.

Garrison says to Saco, "Man, that was a great move on your part to get rid of Open. That way Folsom didn't have to get destroyed by DLS this year"

Saco replied, "I don't know Mike. I really think Folsom could have beat DLS this year."

Garrison stared at the floor for a moment before slowly shaking his head. " You really think so, Pete?'

"Pretty sure," replied Saco.

"Hmm - well, lets not worry about that now. At least everyone thinks Folsom is the best HS team in nation for the last 20 years or so." Garrison settled back into his seat with a satisfied grin.

About that time, Mrs Garrison poked her head around the corner. She had a concerned look on her face. "Mikey dear. You left the television on in the living room. "

"Yes honey muffin. We were planning to come back in there in a moment to watch those two loser teams play tonight."

"DLS and Centennial - that's the Open division teams playing tonight, right?" asked Mrs. Garrison.

"Ya got it, Muffin! But I don't get it. You don't care much about Football - you never have. You don't go to the Folsom practices and refuse to go to the Folsom games with me. So how do you even know who is playing tonight?"

"I'm sorry Mikey, you are right. you're always right. But while cleaning the kitchen, I happened to see a game on the TV. The two teams were playing the game so fast, I wasn't even sure it was football. I'm sorry Mikey, but I had to turn up the volume. The announcers said that they had never seen HS football teams play the game so fast - and - and - well a lot things like that. Then Mikey, I heard one of the announcers say it was De La Salle and Corona Centennial.

Garrison and Saco looked at each other with mild confusion. Finally Saco broke the silence. "Well maybe your sweet pea is just mistaken. Lets go back in there and take a look."

For the next two hours, both men sat watching the game with horror. Garrison stared at the TV with glassy eyes. Saco had been noticeably crying earlier, but now he just held his head in his hand. His nose wouldn't stop running.

Shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts, Saco suddenly sat up straight. His eyes brightened. "Hey man," he said a little too loudly, "we need to call CIF President Thompkins. He'll know just what to do."

"Good idea," replied Garrison as he moved his eyes from the TV screen for the first time in an hour.

CIF President Thompkins answered on the first ring. "Hello" came the booming voice.

"Hey Reggie, its Pete."

"Oh, hi Pete. Are you watching the DLS CC game?" Thompkins asked excitedly. "I've never seen anything like these two teams."

Yeah, well..." Saco paused a second to clear his throat. "Ahh-hmmm... That's why I calling you. We were absolutely sure Folsom was the best team in the nation by a long shot. But now... " Saco stifled a sob and continued hesitantly. "Reggie, we need your help. Hundred of thousands of people are seeing these teams play and now they know the truth. Folsom is no where the as good as these two teams."

"Not so fast," boomed Thompkins. "First of all, never ever admit that, even though it is true."

"OK - but," Saco glance over at Garrison, "But what do we do, Reggie?"

"I was getting to that," boomed Thompkins. "Second, you know stupid rule you pushed for so hard - that Folsom rule."

"yeah?" replied Saco meekly.

"You have to spin it hard the other way. Let's say it was the Pac-5 rule," said Thompkins.

Saco's eyes cleared a bit. He put hand over the phone's voice mic and said to Garrison, "Thompkins thinks my Folsom rule was a really good idea, but because of this DLS game he thinks we should temporarily call it the Pac-5 rule. You good with that?"

Garrison nodded agreement. he said, "Or we could even call it the DLS rule."

"I wasn't finished." Thompkins yelled in the phone. "Listen up! Use what ever means it takes to make all of this stuff seem like DLS' fault. Tell everyone that DLS was scared of Folsom. That they are dodging a game or something like that. And that they are a private school - a religious one no less - make it sound really bad!!! Oh, and throw in some of the recruiting nonsense. That they are abusing Centennial, a poor public school, by scoring two extra points. Dang, I was so sure CC could have scored at least three more touchdowns at the end if only DLS wasn't so unsportsmanlike by keeping their starting defenders in the game. Hmmm... Anyway, spin it hard."

"OK, got it," said Saco. "Anything else?"

"Yeah, there is something else," boomed Thompkins. Get someone the job right away - AND I MEAN RIGHT NOW - posting non stop on NorCalPreps, spinning all this crap. Got it?"

"Got it," smiled Saco as he hung up.

"Hey Mike," Saco said to Garrison, "Do you know anyone that can spin our angle non stop on NorCalPreps?"

"Actually I do," said Garrison. "I have perfect person. He's shy a couple bricks of a full load if you know what I mean, but he'll say and do what we ask of him. His handle is G61."

Fictitious characters have been replaced with real names. No animals or plants were harmed in the making of this story. Real human egos may have been inadvertently bruised.

Good responses.

But, the name of this thread is Folsom is #1 in the state!

As I have said before, and I will say again...Folsom is the BEST team in the state!

#bayareahomers

G,
The Folsom vs. DLS question will go unansewered till they play again. It would make a great match up for early next season. Why don't you call the coaches and tell them to "get-er-done". With DLS #1 and Folsom #5 in the nation this is a matchup ESPN would love to schedule in 2015. Until then DLS #1 and Folsom #2 in the state is pretty awesome!

This is the season it needed to happen. It would have been epic...

Next year would not be as competitive, but hey anything is better than nothing!
laugh.r191677.gif

This is Folsoms way of beating DLS.. You can't compare this . Or you can't look at that, Del Oro didn't have all there players. BS. I was at that game they had 11 players on every snap just like DLS. But here's the kicker. DLS had second and third string players out there in the second have. We all know folsoms going for all those records and they don't use second string . You should be happy you were given the chance to win a state game. Quit posting and go do your homework.

My homework? Are we in 5th grade? Wow.

DLS supporters get so angry...Love it
laugh.r191677.gif

"We beat you last year and the year before!" is the excuse I keep hearing. That is like saying an NFL team who beat another team LAST SEASON will guaranteed to win again THIS SEASON! C'mon! I know about the Bay Area bias here, but jeez. Lets show some objectiveness.

And yes, Folsom is the best team in the state!

I dont think Folsom would have beat DLS. But it definitely would have been a better game then it was the previous years. DLS would be the favorite but that doesnt mean Folsom wouldnt have a chance. DLS had a far better defense IMO the previous 2 years. So I think Folsom would score more points then in previous meetings. The spread offense is difficult to defend. DLS has been successful because they have an awesome pass rush. With that said Folsoms Oline was a lot better then it was last year. I think the speed of DLS would be the most difficult thing for Folsom to handle. Yea Grant has fast players but they dont execute anywhere near the speed that DLS does. But like I said it would be a far better game then the previous years. I would give the edge to DLS but wouldnt count Folsom out. I really enjoyed watching Folsoms last couple of games. They run the spread offense extremely well.

Hookup- That was the most unbiased assessment as I've seen on here. I think you hit the strengths and weaknesses of each and gave a very fair scenario.

Originally posted by thehookup55:
I dont think Folsom would have beat DLS. But it definitely would have been a better game then it was the previous years. DLS would be the favorite but that doesnt mean Folsom wouldnt have a chance. DLS had a far better defense IMO the previous 2 years. So I think Folsom would score more points then in previous meetings. The spread offense is difficult to defend. DLS has been successful because they have an awesome pass rush. With that said Folsoms Oline was a lot better then it was last year. I think the speed of DLS would be the most difficult thing for Folsom to handle. Yea Grant has fast players but they dont execute anywhere near the speed that DLS does. But like I said it would be a far better game then the previous years. I would give the edge to DLS but wouldnt count Folsom out. I really enjoyed watching Folsoms last couple of games. They run the spread offense extremely well.
Well stated. I completely agree. Had Folsom beaten DLS or even stayed close the past 2 years when their senior class was still improving, a better argument could be made that they would have won this year. But any benefit of the doubt is going to go towards DLS until someone from the north knocks them off. I enjoyed watching Folsom this year and feel their defense was much improved over last year, but if push came to shove and I had to put money on a Folsom-DLS matchup this year, it would be awfully hard to bet against the Spartans. Give me 21 points and I would take Folsom (hoping DLS doesn't go for 2 late in the game up 20).

ummm. There's no movie about Folsom. I rest my case. Folsom parents: go watch the movie and learn how to be a first rate program. The only team that could have claimed supremacy over DLS was Skyline High (led by ex QB stanford starter and former SF Giant Brian Johnson) of the OAL who defeated DLS 21-14 in 1989 to go 10-0 and was not able to play in the NCS D1 finals that DLS won. They have a case. This was the ONLY year DLS was the controversial #1 team.

You rest your case? Because there was a movie about DLS!? You have to be kidding me!? This is the type of arrogance that I have brought forth through this post. It is absolutely amazing. Total homers!

"Your" program stays on top because it is a private school that can attract kids from ALL over, not just inside a district or city limits. It is impossible for a public school to remain that dominant for that long. As I have said before, please compare apples to apples, and not movies
laugh.r191677.gif

Folsom is the BEST TEAM IN THIS STATE!

The truth is in the tape
uzi.r191677.gif

Ping: G61

Tell us, were you this boastful and sure of Folsom the week prior to their affairs w/DLS in '12 and 13'?? If so, I sure as hell dont remember seeing any of your posts. Easy to say what 'woulda' happened. Talk to us about what DID happen when Folsom met DLS on the field! If I remember correctly, Folsom was whatever and zero, both yrs and posting huge numbers on their opponents. Folsom has dropped two games in past three yrs, correct?? And DLS lost just one (Bosco) to the Natl champ, in a closie.

To defend G61, Folsom improved in pretty much every area that DLS exposed them. So to think that the game wouldnt be a better game simply because the past years you would be wrong and foolish for saying so. Hard to say this DLS team was as good as the past two years teams. Like I said in my last post the defense of DLS was far better the previous 2 years IMO. Folsoms offense was definitely better. Cant really say DLS offense improved. I think they had quicker and more talented RBs but they were also extremely one dimensional. In the past 2 years DLS had a better passing game. And Folsoms defense improved as well. I would like to hear one DLS homer to state their case as to why this DLS team was as good if not better then the previous 2 years. Anyone who knows anything about football would say Folsom improved in nearly all phases of the game. I know DLS is a very good team they will be ranked in the top 5 nationally without a doubt but were they better this year than the past 2 years?...Folsom was....Im not saying Folsom is better than DLS but cmon to think the game wouldnt be better is crazy.

Considering DLS absolutely crushed Folsom the last two years, it would take very little for the Bulldogs to have played better.

DLS run game was better this year than last. The Spartans averaged over 9 yards per carry! The run game was more explosive, meaning more BIG plays, than last due to Custer and Hernandez development. Vandy was faster than last years QB Williams too. The offense had more speed than last year. Although Vandy could not throw the deep ball as well as Williams, he was pretty close to Williams on the short throws. In spite of the reduced passing game, opponents focused on stopping the DLS run game but got rolled. This DLS O line was big, nasty and athletic. They meshed very early and we're dominate all year long breaking DLS records.

Yet the most important factor has yet to be addressed and it is likely because you just don't understand what it takes to beat DLS- physical play. Folsom did not significantly improve their physical play. DLS would have controlled the LOS both ways as they did in 2012 and 2013. Add in the team speed advantage the Spartans have and you have a very comfortable win for DLS.

Not sure why you Folsom folk can't enjoy the incredible season the Bulldogs had. Top ten nationally. State championship. They were elite. DLS is just a really bad match up for them.

As the original clown (poster) said, the intent of his post was to ruffle feathers - not to prove a point (of which he has none).
With that being said, dude, just be happy that Folsom has a really good team and did great this year. But beat DLS? Please...

First off, here is my reasoning...

DLS's game is SOLELY based on the run game. They have a quarterback that wouldn't start for most "low level" teams in the state. Folsom's defense is MUCH improved and very physical upfront. Did you not see the Oceanside game!? Those lineman on Oceanside were HUGE!!!! Folsom dominated them. My point is, if DLS had trouble running the ball against Folsom WHATSOEVER, the game would be OVER!!!! I think DLS would have success in the run game, but not enough to win. CC put a ton of points on DLS...Can you imagine what Folsom would have done!?

Those are my reasons...

And for those reasons... FOLSOM IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE!
uzi.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/24 9:10 AM by G61

The reasoning that DLS is better than Folsom because they beat them in years past in the worst argument I have ever heard. Those were two DIFFERENT teams with DIFFERENT plays and tons of underclassman.

As I have said before, you have to compare apples to apples. Which is this years teams. That is the debate at hand. Lets stick to this years teams.

And this year....FOLSOM IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE!

This yrs Folsom offense along with a much improved defense has been and would have been very hard to beat by any team in the state and imho that includes DLS.Should this yrs Folsom squad have played DLS and had decent success vs the run of the Spartans than I truly believe Folsom wins this game.Folsom in my personal opinion truly has an argument here for being considered the top dog in the state for 2014............monster yr for Folsom......................................BRAVO!!!

Fact of the matter is all comments here are opinion with exception that DLS will be recorded as and is recognized by the CIF as the state champion and number 1 in CA based on winning the CIF Open Division State bowl. The Spartans have the bragging rights now and in the future. Case closed other than speculation.

High School football in California has a group of "smart" people who "select" the teams and players who go to playoffs based on "opinion" and "calculation." It's just biased BS. Teams trend upward as the season progresses. Whoever wins the state championship in California is a great team. But they will NEVER be the best team until the idiots who "select" teams get out of the way and create an actual playoff. Either Include the best teams North of Sacramento in the playoffs EVERY year OR go GFY and leave the teams you don't "think" are good eough out of this biased scheme all together.

Curious...Who are these teams "north of Sacramento" that you speak about?

This entire thread is such a joke.

"Folsom is so much improved in every area" "Especially the ones DLS exposed" I get it, I get it.

Did Folsom play anybody with a real defense this year. I'm talking about a top 25 team. No. They didn't even play a team in the top 50. What a joke. And there is a big drop off in the quality of opponents once past top 25. BIG

You are dreaming if you think DLS even punts against Folsom. Folsom may have improved on defense, but not for that caliber of team. 70 points DLS easily.

And of course the DLS defense would have reintroduced Jake with his old friend, the turf.

Oceanside is a joke. If the rules had allowed it Folsom would have played Bosco and lost.

"Folsom #1 team in the state!" Yeah right, the state of dillusion in your twisted mind.

Originally posted by G61:

DLS's game is SOLELY based on the run game.
That's kind of how the veer works, and it's worked pretty well for DLS for the most part of 30 years. Folsom's spread offense has done them well basically, this year, because it didn't do them much good the past two years.

EVERY team can run the ball. It is HIGH SCHOOL!

Not many teams can score AT WILL, using the pass.

Folsom wins by 14! Easily...

Homers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT