ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs. DLS week! Poll predictions!

Who will win the Folsom vs. DLS game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
St marys is a fine school with great facilities and tradition. You guys will toss my cardinals around this week but it’s good for them.
Thank you Larry! In regards to the game tomorrow, much depends on the young Rams staying focused and going into the game with some energy. The last few games they have had moments were they have played quite flat and we are on the sidelines talking, sharing that if they play like that against better teams (than SI and BOD) the game would be much closer and could get scary for the Rams. Upcoming games with Cardinal Newman, undefeated Lodi (played well against the Rams last year), and DLS will be much more challenging than the games vs SI and BOD. After that only the rivalry game vs Lincoln-Stockton stands in their way before playoffs.

BTW, do you know if the St Mary’s vs Cardinal Newman game will be streaming somewhere? I looked on NFHS Network which both teams use and I couldn’t find the game. My son is bringing the grandkids over and we are planning to watch the DLS vs Folsom game on NFHS Network, but would love to watch the SM vs CN game, too, if we can, especially if it turns out to be closer than most expect. Thanks!

Found this url on CN’s Facebook page: www.snakechill.com/hs-football.php

Maybe it gets activated during game time???

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Pasty, pasty, pasty…I love how you think I have some sort of affiliation with Jesuit. Actually , you are way off. I’m always rooting for the Rios, Del Campos and El Caminos of the world to beat Jesuit,. And when it comes to the
privates, I’m always rooting on CB to beat J-High in the Holy Bowl, Holy Hoops, Holy Court, etc.

I do have some friends with kids at Jesuit (I think they’ve got a pretty solid team this season), but I’m not usually rooting for them.
Well shiver me timbers, I didn't know. Maybe this was because I seem to remember you rootin for them against Folsom.

Well now that we got that squared away!

Thank you Larry! In regards to the game tomorrow, much depends on the young Rams staying focused and going into the game with some energy. The last few games they have had moments were they have played quite flat and we are on the sidelines talking, sharing that if they play like that against better teams (than SI and BOD) the game would be much closer and could get scary for the Rams. Upcoming games with Cardinal Newman, undefeated Lodi (played well against the Rams last year), and DLS will be much more challenging than the games vs SI and BOD. After that only the rivalry game vs Lincoln-Stockton stands in their way before playoffs.

BTW, do you know if the St Mary’s vs Cardinal Newman game will be streaming somewhere? I looked on NFHS Network which both teams use and I couldn’t find the game. My son is bringing the grandkids over and we are planning to watch the DLS vs Folsom game on NFHS Network, but would love to watch the SM vs CN game, too, if we can, especially if it turns out to be closer than most expect. Thanks!

Oops! This was a livestream for 2021 game. For 2022, uncertain about this published url (http://htb.onemediasport.com/hsfootball.php) as it’s advertised as FREE, but you have to create an account and register a credit card. No thanks!

I think it will be televised. I want to say Dave Cox is doing it. Let me see if I can find link.

Try below. Looks like it is !

• Love
Reactions: bulldogmgc
You can be a homer and realistic too my friend. That is my bold prediction.
Its the "realistic" part that I'm having a hard time adjusting to right now. That's a new side of pasty et al from my experience. But otherwise, I agree, homers can be realistic too.

Its the "realistic" part that I'm having a hard time adjusting to right now. That's a new side of pasty et al from my experience. But otherwise, I agree, homers can be realistic too.
You guys never figured out my dark humor. I am actually a realist and very down to earth. I just enjoy a lot of the reactions.

In all honesty- I just don't see Folsom winning this game. I WANT them to win. Just don't see it.

You guys never figured out my dark humor. I am actually a realist and very down to earth. I just enjoy a lot of the reactions.

In all honesty- I just don't see Folsom winning this game. I WANT them to win. Just don't see it.
Fair enough -

When I was a young lad, I used to sit right behind the school bus driver on the long rides to and from school and annoy the heck out her. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was looking for her attention and approval. She was so kind and gentle to my annoyances that I persisted all the more. Finally one day, she broke down, scolded me and told me never to sit behind her again. I felt rejected - and then, and only then, did I realized I just wanted her attention.

I don't think I would call your part on this board as dark humor... more like annoying humor. But if you are being genuine, I'm game for a little more of the new patsy and old pasty.

Last edited:
Fair enough -

When I was a young lad, I used to sit right behind the school bus driver on the long rides to and from school and annoy the heck out her. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was looking for her attention and approval. She was so kind and gentle to my annoyances that I persisted all the more. Finally one day, she broke down, scolded me and told me never to sit behind her again. I felt rejected - and then, and only then, did I realized I just wanted her attention.

I don't think I would call your part on this board as dark humor... more like annoying humor. But if you are being guanine, I'm game for a little more of the new patsy and old pasty.
Yes, but FBAddict - did you sneak on and off the bus dressing differently, use a different name and tell the bus driver you were someone else? ;)

Yes, but FBAddict - did you sneak on and off the bus dressing differently, use a different name and tell the bus driver you were someone else? ;)
There are quite a few people reading this right now who've snuck off the bus and got back on as someone else. :)

How about them Folsom Bulldogs? They got something of A STREAK going these days? Boy, am I going to be hard to live with now....just fair warning.

Well, a kidding aside, hell of a game! Boy did the Spartans show some back bone in the second half as you would expect a great program to do. All the respect in the world! But great for Folsom kids and the coaching staff!
They sure showed up in the 2nd half after putting up a GOOSE EGG in the 1st half.

GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

The NEW STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Folsom and Serra exposed is the fact that De La Salle is not a sound team anymore. They just don’t have any power to close out these games against NorCal’s heavyweights. I won’t be surprised if they lose the NCS Championship this year

Reactions: remc
What Folsom and Serra exposed is the fact that De La Salle is not a sound team anymore. They just don’t have any power to close out these games against NorCal’s heavyweights. I won’t be surprised if they lose the NCS Championship this year
System is still solid and tough to beat. Its hard to prepare for a team thats going to run 50 dive plays at you.

But you're right. They don't have the hired guns anymore. Show is over. I called this about 5 years ago.

System is still solid and tough to beat. Its hard to prepare for a team thats going to run 50 dive plays at you.

But you're right. They don't have the hired guns anymore. Show is over. I called this about 5 years ago.
I think the book is closed on De La Salle being the dominant force they were for a long time in NorCal, but there are years where they will end up being the best team in the region . I think them coming back to the pack a little (most notable things to me are less precise offensive execution and more missed tackles) and other schools rising up has led to this.

Lets not forget that even during the streak in the past 10 years or so, Bellarmine missed a PAT that would have beat them, DLS ran in a botched PAT at Serra to beat them, DLS beat Serra 10-7 or something like that at home, Cal was within seven in the fourth quarter, etc.

Difference being in those times, DLS caught a break or made the key play at the right moment. Past two years, that hasn't happened.

I think the book is closed on De La Salle being the dominant force they were for a long time in NorCal, but there are years where they will end up being the best team in the region . I think them coming back to the pack a little (most notable things to me are less precise offensive execution and more missed tackles) and other schools rising up has led to this.

Lets not forget that even during the streak in the past 10 years or so, Bellarmine missed a PAT that would have beat them, DLS ran in a botched PAT at Serra to beat them, DLS beat Serra 10-7 or something like that at home, Cal was within seven in the fourth quarter, etc.

Difference being in those times, DLS caught a break or made the key play at the right moment. Past two years, that hasn't happened.
Great take. They are overshadowed by their own greatness. A down year (like #3 in NorCal) is considered bad, when realitically they are still better than 99 percent of teams in NorCal.

But I agree- the dominant force days are over. Many reasons why this is. I honestly think its great for NorCal football. New blood, new rivalries, more fun!

Add in the Folsom game from 2018 where Folsom likely should have been up 7-0 when Ngata‘s knee wasn’t correctly ruled down at the goal line in a game that was 0-0 into the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT