ADVERTISEMENT

Tentative SHC (and other WCAL) Football Schedules for 2020

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
Most of these I got from MaxPreps except for Mitty which has their schedules listed on their site. They didn't have SHC on their JV schedule, so I'm assuming the Irish will have no JV team again this season. With Riordan going co-ed, it will help Sacred Heart Cathedral's depth in the long run.

SHC
8-21 Scrimmage
8-28 Burlingame
9-4 Palma
9-11 College Park
9-18
9-25 Valley Christian
10-2 St. Francis (Tentative)
10-9 SI (Tentative)
10-16 Bellarmine (Tentative)
10-23 Riordan
10-30 Serra (Tentative)
11-6 Mitty

Riordan

Terra Nova
Tamalpais
Justin-Siena

Bells
Mitty
Serra
St. Francis
SHC
SI
Valley Christian

VC

Wilcox
Capital Christian
Pittsburg

SHC
SI
St. Francis
Serra
Mitty
Bellarmine
Riordan

Mitty
Scrimmage
Palma
Silver Creek
Oakland

Serra
Riordan
Bellarmine
SI
VC
St. Francis
SHC

Serra
Scrimmage
Pittsburg
Menlo-Atherton
Half Moon Bay

Mitty
Bellarmine
Riordan
VC
SI
SHC
St. Francis

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Mitty must be a misprint? Are they really playing B league team in Silver Creek and that Oakland school. I was under the impression they were going to contend for league title this year. Has to be that coaches 3rd or 4th year now with his guys. Maybe SC/Oakland prepares them for league with their offense?

Mitty must be a misprint? Are they really playing B league team in Silver Creek and that Oakland school. I was under the impression they were going to contend for league title this year. Has to be that coaches 3rd or 4th year now with his guys. Maybe SC/Oakland prepares them for league with their offense?
Mitty maybe middle of the WCAL pack at best next season. They lose a lot of what was thin in numbers varsity team and JV and frosh teams were not particularly strong. May be tough couple of seasons upcoming for the Monarchs.

Yea I couldn’t believe when i saw Silver Creek... i mean is that the worse opponent any WCAL team has played in the last 5 years or more? Riordan plays Terra Nova but their 5x better than SC

Yea I couldn’t believe when i saw Silver Creek... i mean is that the worse opponent any WCAL team has played in the last 5 years or more? Riordan plays Terra Nova but their 5x better than SC
Mitty may need some early success to help what may be a very challenging year in league. I think Palma should take them this year.

Mitty may need some early success to help what may be a very challenging year in league. I think Palma should take them this year.
I was surprised to see the Irish schedule Palma again this season. They should have a better shot at winning with healthy players on defense and an offense with two good running backs coming up in Jerry Mixon and R.L. Miller. Last season it was either a QB run or a QB pass.

I was surprised to see the Irish schedule Palma again this season. They should have a better shot at winning with healthy players on defense and an offense with two good running backs coming up in Jerry Mixon and R.L. Miller. Last season it was either a QB run or a QB pass.
Palma line is going to be very good, and QB will also have a year starting under belt, TE will be very good and decent WRs (2 return). RB may be a soph that is going to be very good. Defense line and LBs should be good. DBs return one and another with experirinecand have to reload. They may be more like old smashmouth Palma teams. Palma Juniors were very good from frosh through JV and many played up last season.

Serra put its schedule on Twitter today and will play Pittsburg, M-A, and Half Moon Bay in non-league.

Reactions: jordan24
Palma 2020 Schedule

Not sure if St Ignatius will be scrimmage like last season.

8/28 - 7:30p Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, CA) says at Palma but I would think at Mitty since played in Salinas last time

9/4 - 7:30p Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (San Francisco, CA) at Rabobank Stadium, Football Stadium

9/11 - 7:30p @ Aptos (Aptos, CA)

9/18 - 7:30p @ Monte Vista Christian (Watsonville, CA)

9/25 – They may need a game. (Restructuring of league seems to have messed up last season nonleague schedule and seems couldn't reschedule Oakdale the same week as last season)

10/3 - 7:30p Alisal (Salinas, CA) at Rabobank Stadium, Football Stadium

10/9 - 7:30p Everett Alvarez (Salinas, CA) at Rabobank Stadium, Football Stadium

10/16 - 7:30p @ San Benito (Hollister, CA)

10/23 - 7:30p @ Seaside (Seaside, CA)

11/6 - 7:30p Salinas (Salinas, CA) at Rabobank Stadium, Football Stadium

Since Palma has become part of the WCAL in this thread, let's take one more look at a proposed expansion of WCAL football only:

St. John the Baptist Division:

Palma
Bellarmine
Valley Christian
Mitty
St. Francis
Serra

St. Thomas More Division:

St. Ignatius
Sacred Heart Cathedral
Riordan
Sacred Heart Prep
Menlo School
King's Academy

I would put Palma in the STM division although the travel would be bad, but probably more competitive for them since school has shrinked some and think they are smaller than a couple in the division.

Reactions: colhenrylives
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT